Page 358 of 370 FirstFirst ... 258308348356357358359360368 ... LastLast
Results 3,571 to 3,580 of 3691

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

  1. #3571
    100% american mongrel blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    blue ridge mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I binge watched the first 4 episodes of Yellowstone season 1 late last night. So far I really dig it. Even if the show sucked, the aesthetics are A+.

    I need to add a couple more cowboy hats to my collection, that's for sure.

    On a side note, I feel like Kevin Costner has been waiting his whole life to play these slightly older grumpy guy roles, like John Dutton in Yellowstone and Frank Hamer in The Highwaymen. I enjoy his current roles way more than anything he played in in his younger years.
    He did a good job in "Open Range" in my opinion. As did Duvall.
    “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  2. #3572
    Site Supporter SAWBONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Third Dimension
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    He did a good job in "Open Range" in my opinion. As did Duvall.
    Open Range is one of my few "watch it again" modern Westerns, along with 3:10 to Yuma (the 2007 one).
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

  3. #3573
    Revolver Enabler-in-Chief Stephanie B's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    SE CT
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWBONES View Post
    Open Range is one of my few "watch it again" modern Westerns, along with 3:10 to Yuma (the 2007 one).
    Not True Grit? I thought the 2010 movie was better than the 1969 one.
    Many a many married man, wants to go back to France again, hinky, dinky, parlez-vous.

  4. #3574
    Site Supporter SAWBONES's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    The Third Dimension
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    Not True Grit? I thought the 2010 movie was better than the 1969 one.
    Yeah, I liked both versions of that one equally well. The second one was truer to the book, though.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

  5. #3575
    There have been a ton of westerns I’ve enjoyed in the last fifteen years or so. Just off the top of my head: True Grit remake, 3:10 to Yuma remake, Appaloosa, Bone Tomahawk, Godless, Deadwood, Hostiles, Hell on Wheels. I’m sure I’m forgetting a couple.
    –————————————————
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

  6. #3576
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I binge watched the first 4 episodes of Yellowstone season 1 late last night. So far I really dig it. Even if the show sucked, the aesthetics are A+.

    I need to add a couple more cowboy hats to my collection, that's for sure.

    On a side note, I feel like Kevin Costner has been waiting his whole life to play these slightly older grumpy guy roles, like John Dutton in Yellowstone and Frank Hamer in The Highwaymen. I enjoy his current roles way more than anything he played in in his younger years.
    I was hoping Yellowstone would be really good, but even though the scenery is terrific the scripts are just so painfully bad. Costner does a decent job in his role but he can't save the writing.

  7. #3577
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I was hoping Yellowstone would be really good, but even though the scenery is terrific the scripts are just so painfully bad. Costner does a decent job in his role but he can't save the writing.
    That's how I felt about Longmire.

  8. #3578
    100% american mongrel blues's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    blue ridge mtns
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    That's how I felt about Longmire.
    That's how I felt about the Longmire books after the first few. (It just got silly and I so wanted to buy into it because I love that part of the country and am pretty familiar with it.)

    Never started the Yellowstone tv series because I was scared off it before making an attempt.
    Last edited by blues; 06-20-2019 at 09:25 AM.
    “Tactics without strategy is the noise before defeat.” - Sun Tzu | "Everybody has a plan until they get punched in the mouth." - Mike Tyson

  9. #3579
    Site Supporter
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Canton GA
    I watched multiple seasons of the EXPANSE - started slow but got better.

  10. #3580
    I can continue to enjoy stuff like Longmire even after it gets/got silly, just like I could get past the goofy stuff in Wind River, and I will probably watch Yellowstone and will probably enjoy it. Perhaps I got my mind right growing up watching Efrem Zimbalist Jr. shoot down helicopters with snub nose revolvers (ETA: From the hip!!!).

    But I draw a line when the car chasing Charlie's Angles would flip over and blow up because it hit a crate of lettuce. That is just unrealistic...
    Last edited by mmc45414; 06-20-2019 at 10:28 AM.

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •