Page 355 of 819 FirstFirst ... 255305345353354355356357365405455 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,550 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

I thought the Deadwood movie was pretty meh, but they sure did manage to wrap up every damn story line.

Started bing watching Penny Dreadful. Just finished the 1st season, outstanding!

Ash Vs. Evil Dead - it's everything an Army of Darkness follow on show should be.

I've spent no-shit 40 hours in the middle seat on the airplane in the past 2 weeks, so i'm all caught up on my movies at the moment.

Aquaman - not bad. Not as good as Wonder Woman, but better than all the other recent DC movies.
    Captain Marvel - Meh. It was just okay, had a few head-scratcher moments for me. Far from the best of the Marvel movies.
    Fantastic Beasts: Crimes of Grindelwald - found this to be pretty boring and hard to follow. I liked the HP stuff, first Fantastic Beasts was okay, this one didn't really hold my attention.
    Equalizer 2 - I like Denzel in this role, worth a watch if you feel the same or liked the first one. Had a little different feel than the first movie - more thriller, less action?
    Death Wish (2018) - Just okay.
    Peppermint - I liked this one more than I expected. For female-lead revenge flick, I thought Jennifer Gardner did a pretty good job as the badass crazy chick.
    Spiderman Into the Spiderverse - cool animation style, might need to be a comic/spiderman fan to really appreciate it. Kinda fills a weird niche, but entertaining.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

"April 9th" on Amazon Prime. It's Danish language so you'll have to deal with subtitles, but if you can get past that, it's a really good war film that follows a Danish bicycle infantry platoon during the German invasion of Denmark.

It was an interesting little period of the war that I didn't know much about and a good illustrstion of political decisions costing lives on the battlefield.

Very well done with accurate period equipment for both sides and solid realism. I nitpick every war movie I watch and I didn't find much to whine about.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I've seen a few episodes of Animal Kingdom on TNT. Set in Oceanside, CA, the series is about a local crime family let by their matriarch, "Smurf", played by Ellen Barkin.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't get into a show in which almost every character should be either in prison or in the ground (preferably the latter). I can't care about any of them.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I've seen a few episodes of Animal Kingdom on TNT. Set in Oceanside, CA, the series is about a local crime family let by their matriarch, "Smurf", played by Ellen Barkin.

Maybe it's just me, but I can't get into a show in which almost every character should be either in prison or in the ground (preferably the latter). I can't care about any of them.
    Awful show.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Awful show.
    The TNT series was based on an Australian movie of the same name.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I saw Deadwood mentioned above. I'm 10 episodes in to Season 1 on Amazon Prime having never seen it before. Enjoyable so far. I always liked westerns.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Awful show.
    Good executive summary.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List