Page 352 of 817 FirstFirst ... 252302342350351352353354362402452 ... LastLast
Results 3,511 to 3,520 of 8168

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Watching Season 5 of Bosch. Still liking the series, but I swear every time I see him grip his 1911 I want to smack the technical advisor.

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    Airplane! was on AMC today.
    It was interesting to see which gags they left in; the only one I can think of they cut was where Julie Haggerty was re-inflating the autopilot. (They showed her unbuckling the flap over the "valve", but not exposing it, or blowing it up. They also left our Leslie Nielsen stepping into the cockpit, and excusing himself.)

I've started a new project: Every month or so I, buying a BluRay Disk of "endangered" movies. Blazing Saddles was delivered today...
    They probably cut the scene with the boobs.

Site Supporter
    I've started a new project: Every month or so I, buying a BluRay Disk of "endangered" movies. Blazing Saddles was delivered today...
    That's an interesting idea. Do you have a particular list you are working from?

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    That would be Un-American!

There's nothing civil about this war.

Chernobyl

The wife and I are enjoying HBO’s Chernobyl. Very well shot, captures everything from high level Soviet bureaucratic obfuscation and blame dodging to making your skin crawl as the first responders are exposed to the radiation without understanding the effects whatsoever.

Site Supporter
    I really enjoyed "Stan and Ollie." Nice story, interesting history, great acting.

Pennies from Heaven was on TCM and it's really not my kind of movie. But, just as I was about to quit watching, there's Christopher Walken. tap dancing...

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Airplane! was on AMC today.
    It was interesting to see which gags they left in; the only one I can think of they cut was where Julie Haggerty was re-inflating the autopilot. (They showed her unbuckling the flap over the "valve", but not exposing it, or blowing it up. They also left our Leslie Nielsen stepping into the cockpit, and excusing himself.)

I bought the DVD for Airplane!. Scenes that were cut the ones where Lloyd Bridges' character, Stryker, heard someone call his name and he'd deck a woman standing next to him.

I already have the DVDs for Blazing Saddles and Young Frankenstein.

Quote Originally Posted by Bucky View Post
    Honestly, I don't remember, but I wasn't riveted to my seat th entire time.

Quote Originally Posted by mtnbkr View Post
    That's an interesting idea. Do you have a particular list you are working from?
    Just my memory. I figure if Mel Brooks says he couldn't make a certain movie today, that''s a start.

Quote Originally Posted by revchuck38 View Post
    I bought the DVD for Airplane!. Scenes that were cut the ones where Lloyd Bridges' character, Stryker, heard someone call his name and he'd deck a woman standing next to him.
    Lloyd Bridges was Steve McCroskey. Ted Stryker was Robert Hayes' character; that gag is in Airplane II!
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Site Supporter
    Lloyd Bridges was Steve McCroskey. Ted Stryker was Robert Hayes' character; that gag is in Airplane II!
    Doh!

User Tag List