Page 343 of 820 FirstFirst ... 243293333341342343344345353393443 ... LastLast
Results 3,421 to 3,430 of 8192

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I think Netflix did a decent job with "The Dirt." I'm not sure you can do justice to a group like Motley Crue, which pretty well set the bar for hair band bad behavior (and I'm not sure I'd want to bear witness to a film that did), but the movie is entertaining. It's good enough that I'm tempted to pick up the book it's based on.
    If you wouldn't want to see the movie go into more detail than it did, you probably don't want to read the book. The movie is the cliff notes.

I've enjoyed this season of The Grand Tour. The season finale in Mongolia amazed in 4K, and James May's 'Pub' RV was pretty epic.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    I saw the pilot of The Code on CBS.

Whoever their military advisor is, he or she needs to either show up at the set once in awhile or stop hitting the adult beverages.

The premise was that some doctor at a Marine base in Afghanistan was faking the post-concussion tests. Doctors attached to Marine bases are Navy guys. The head doc was in camo with oak leaves; probably a commander, but I wasn't sure if they were gold or silver, so, maybe a lieutenant commander.

Go on about 30 minutes and they're court-martialing the guy. He's in service dress blues with the sleeve stripes for a lieutenant (and they're calling the guy "commander").

One of the witnesses is a LTJG with three rows of ribbons and a Surface Warfare Officer's pin. On cross examination, he concedes that the defendant gave him three shitty fitness reports. It takes about two years to earn SWO qual. A really hard-charger could do it in 18 months. There are two sea tours to be done before going ashore that add up to 45 months at sea, plus training. Promotion to lieutenant comes at the four-year point.

So nobody who is not a serious fuckup is going ashore as a 'JG.

Now, as to those three fitreps: 'JGs get fitreps every six months. If there is less than 60-90 days between when an officer reports aboard before the fitrep is due, commands are free to give "not observed" fitreps. So to get three fitreps, that witness would have had to have been there for at least 14+ months. No way that he could have done some initial training, served aboard a ship long enough to qualify, then immediately go ashore and be there long enough (in a non-SWO job, no less) and still be a 'JG.

A good military advisor would have known that. A barely sober one would have gotten the uniforms right.

Besides that, doctor and lawyer shows these days have reached the oversaturation point. Every lawyer show I have watched seems to have at least one incident per show where one of the lawyers would have been suspended, if not disbarred.

Hard pass.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Finished up season 3 of "The Santa Clarita Diet", on Netflix, the other night. I recommend this series highly. It is hilarious.

I hope they bring it back for a 4th season.

Rosco

How can they not do SC season 4 after the way the ended 3?? Wife and I enjoy the hell outta that show.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    I've enjoyed this season of The Grand Tour. The season finale in Mongolia amazed in 4K, and James May's 'Pub' RV was pretty epic.
    That was a good episode. My youngest daughter has started watching GT with me. She's not at all interested in cars, but loves the interplay between the hosts. She got hooked with the recent caravan episode and though the midsize truck episode was a hoot, especially when they pulled down Richard's statue with a piece of string. She thought the Mongolia episode was good as well.

That said, some of their phrases has caused a few uncomfortable questions. "Daddy, what does bollocks mean?" "umm, well, it's British for darn...yeah, that's it, darn.".

Chris

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Finished up season 3 of "The Santa Clarita Diet", on Netflix, the other night. I recommend this series highly. It is hilarious.

I hope they bring it back for a 4th season.

Rosco
    I felt this season started off weak, though it did improve. The joke delivery method is getting a bit old though. I was a huge fan the first two seasons, but it might be one of those shows that runs out of steam quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    How can they not do SC season 4 after the way the ended 3??
    True 'dat. Despite what I said above, I'll give a 4th season a fair shake.

Chris

The Girl With All the Gifts: It's a zombie movie, but different from the usual rubbish. Different enough that I don't really want to talk about the plot, as I feel it might take away from the enjoyment of the movie. It does seem there must be incompetent idiots making stupid ass mistakes in every zombie movie, which is annoying, but fortunately only a relatively minor part of this movie. All in all it was enjoyable and interesting.

Close: Female bodyguard takes on a temporary assignment to protect a teenage girl only because her mother insisted on a woman, and she was the only one available. Of course the job goes from a cake walk to disaster, and the bodies start to pile up. While unimaginative aside from the leading characters being female, this action movie had promise, and parts of the film are entertaining. Unfortunately at some parts the writing fell flat on its face. The feeling I had after watching the whole thing was pretty much "meh". I don't get the ranting about "rampant feminism" some reviews talked about, though. What, girls can't shoot people too?

Both movies should be available on Netflix, if you don't have anything better to watch.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    The Girl With All the Gifts: It's a zombie movie, but different from the usual rubbish. Different enough that I don't really want to talk about the plot, as I feel it might take away from the enjoyment of the movie.
    It was an excellent book, as well.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by That Guy View Post
    Close: Female bodyguard takes on a temporary assignment to protect a teenage girl only because her mother insisted on a woman, and she was the only one available. Of course the job goes from a cake walk to disaster, and the bodies start to pile up. While unimaginative aside from the leading characters being female, this action movie had promise, and parts of the film are entertaining. Unfortunately at some parts the writing fell flat on its face. The feeling I had after watching the whole thing was pretty much "meh". I don't get the ranting about "rampant feminism" some reviews talked about, though. What, girls can't shoot people too?
    Agree with this assessment. Close had potential but fell short. I've liked Noomi Rapace since The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo trilogy.

User Tag List