Page 342 of 819 FirstFirst ... 242292332340341342343344352392442 ... LastLast
Results 3,411 to 3,420 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Vending Machine Operator
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think I'll pass. (Not my genre in any case and I'm clearly not the audience he seeks.)

I wonder how people of color would feel if some white director / producer said the following but about using blacks to star in one of their films:

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/e...at-movie-vgtrn
    I decided long ago to not look into the politics of the movies/shows I enjoy. It's Hollywood. 90% of them are whackadoo morons and I just accept that. For what it's worth I didn't feel the movie was very political at all. Tarantino is a good example. His anti-cop stuff bothers the shit out of me as a 4th generation law enforcement guy, but my 20-year LE vet dad and I REALLY enjoy his movies, so I just take that for what it is and don't care about his personal views.

Absolutely respect your stance on it though.
    Last edited by LockedBreech; 03-30-2019 at 12:38 PM.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    I decided long ago to not look into the politics of the movies/shows I enjoy. It's Hollywood. 90% of them are whackadoo morons and I just accept that. For what it's worth I didn't feel the movie was very political at all. Tarantino is a good example. His anti-cop stuff bothers the shit out of me as a 4th generation law enforcement guy, but my 20-year LE vet dad and I REALLY enjoy his movies, so I just take that for what it is and don't care about his personal views.

Absolutely respect your stance on it though.
    I used to enjoy Tarantino's work until he showed what a douche nozzle he was a couple years back with his comments on cops being murderers.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Vending Machine Operator
    I used to enjoy Tarantino's work until he showed what a douche nozzle he was a couple years back with his comments on cops being murderers.
    Gotta admit, Once Upon A Time In Hollywood looks like the first movie of his in a long time that doesn't look remotely interesting to me. I have no idea why anyone would be interested in a story about Hollywood hippies. Maybe he's losing his touch, idk.
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

Tarantino has a cult like following that I've never understood. Some of his movies were good, some weren't.

Back to the thread topic, I watched The Dirt last night. As someone who grew up listening to Motley Crue, who read The Dirt when it came out, I felt like the movie was kind of a flop.

Site Supporter
    I have freed up a lot of time by being turned off by certain actors in movies that I would have otherwise watched. Don't even watch them when they make it to the "small screen." My life has become better for it.
    With liberty and justice for all...must be 18, void where prohibited, some restrictions may apply, not available in all states.

Us: solid suspense/thriller with a good twist at the end. One of the better attempts I've seen at the genre.

Hotel Mumbai: Very good. If you're expecting something like Six Days you'll been disappointed. This one is almost totally from the citizen/hotel patron point of very. It maintains a good level of tension throughout, with some very emotional moments thrown in.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

There's this thing on right now, I think it's called In The Dark.

It's about this loathsome blind chick.

Halfway in and every time some bad happens to her I want to cheer. Too bad one of the bad things may or my not have involved the death of her only friend, but really, this is some '60s art house angsty shit.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Kevin Hart: Irresponsible (Netflix) - Kind of disappointing, really. I like Kevin Hart, and this stand-up special was amusing, but not the sort of laugh-out-loud you're usually looking for from comedians. If you're a fan of Hart it's probably worth seeing, but you can safely skip it otherwise.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I think Netflix did a decent job with "The Dirt." I'm not sure you can do justice to a group like Motley Crue, which pretty well set the bar for hair band bad behavior (and I'm not sure I'd want to bear witness to a film that did), but the movie is entertaining. It's good enough that I'm tempted to pick up the book it's based on.

User Tag List