Page 341 of 819 FirstFirst ... 241291331339340341342343351391441 ... LastLast
Results 3,401 to 3,410 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Apollo 11. There is a ton of footage in this that I had never before seen. Even knowing every bit of the story, the drama was palpable.

Like They Shall Not Grow Old, there's no external narration, other than Walter Cronkite at the beginning.

Well worth it.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Coyotesfan97 View Post
    Love, Death, and Robots on Netflix. I started watching it after Tam posted about it on FB. I’ve enjoyed most of the ones I’ve watched. Shape Shifters and Lucky 13 are the best. Lucky 13 was OUTSTANDING! Both are based on Marks Kloos short stories. I’ve read Lucky 13 and I’ve just bought the short story for Shape Shifters.
    Working my way through this based on your post, and love it. I was thinking it reminded me of the old Heavy Metal movie, and turns out that was the point as it's a "reimagining". Thoroughly enjoyed the two Kloos stories and Suits especially.
    Other things that I've enjoyed lately-
    Expanse season 3- and now my daughter got interested so we're going back through the first two seasons.

The Martian- finally got around to this, very enjoyable

Into the Badlands season 3 - not bad for a Kung Fu/Western/ Mad Max mashup.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Site Supporter
    The Orville - pretty decent Star Trek like show.

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I just started watching this. Not sure if it's trying to be a comedy or not. I think they keep changing their mind.

Still a fun watch.

I'll add this to this thread as well, in reference to The Highwaymen.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Oh yeah, I really enjoyed that. It made me realize how much I'm lacking a bad ass Fedora in my life, but then I remembered the Fedora has all but been ruined by neck beard Libertarians. Still might get one though.

Spoiler (highlight to read):
    What I liked most is that throughout the movie, Bonnie and Clyde were ghosts so to speak. There were really no full face shots until the final scene, just a few brief moments where you saw their outlines and partially covered faces. This allowed the movie to focus on Hamer and Gault. Very well done movie.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I liked it better with Halston Sage.
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  8.5 KB
    The second season seems to be drifting away from the comedy, though there still is some.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    I liked it better with Halston Sage.
    Name:  hqdefault.jpg
Views: 280
Size:  8.5 KB
    The second season seems to be drifting away from the comedy, though there still is some.
    I like her too! She has some of the best Jennifer Garner features without Affleck's slimy fingerprints all over her.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Vending Machine Operator
    Just went to Us.

Solid, if fairly linear, horror/thriller. Nice Shymalan twist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    State Government Attorney | Beretta, Glock, CZ & S&W Fan

9 April, available on Amazon Prime video. It's a Danish production, and the film follows a Danish infantry platoon just prior to and during the German invasion of Denmark in April 1940.

A well made film, and highly recommended for students of WWII.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 03-30-2019 at 05:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LockedBreech View Post
    Just went to Us.

Solid, if fairly linear, horror/thriller. Nice Shymalan twist.
    I think I'll pass. (Not my genre in any case and I'm clearly not the audience he seeks.)

I wonder how people of color would feel if some white director / producer said the following but about using blacks to star in one of their films:

"I feel fortunate to be in this position where I can say to Universal, 'I want to make a $20 million horror movie with a black family.' And they say yes," Peele said during a Q&A in Los Angeles on Monday, according to the Hollywood Reporter.

"I don’t see myself casting a white dude as the lead in my movie. Not that I don’t like white dudes—but I've seen that movie."

https://www.vice.com/en_us/article/e...at-movie-vgtrn
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List