Page 340 of 818 FirstFirst ... 240290330338339340341342350390440 ... LastLast
Results 3,391 to 3,400 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    Watched this evening. Better half and I both enjoyed it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by JHC View Post
    I had no idea about that story either. That was a very good film!

Another I saw on Netflix or Prime, can't recall now, was "Hyena Road". It's about Canadian Army efforts in Helmand province, AFG. One of the main characters, the field grade intel officer is also the director. There is quite a blend of TOC activity, direct action stuff, human drama, and a pretty neat treatment of the range of relations with Afghan nationals; the good, the bad and the shifty.

It's shot in a documentary style although its pure fictional action/drama.

I rate it as superb. It would make my list of the best handful of war movies, for me mostly driven by the intrigue around the intel guy working Afghan tribal folks.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    “I spent half my money on gambling, alcohol and wild women. The other half I wasted.”
    ― W.C. Fields
    Once years ago in a conversation with the owner of the business I worked at, we were briefly lamenting a deal we didn't take that should have been worth $2 Million.

But quickly he retorted, "Aw hell, we would have spent half of it on hookers and blow and wasted the rest."
    Last edited by JHC; 03-26-2019 at 05:32 AM.
    “Remember, being healthy is basically just dying as slowly as possible,” Ricky Gervais

The Bureau on Amazon Prime. Well worth the effort. Hoping beyond hope for a season 5.

Quote Originally Posted by gomerpyle View Post
    The Bureau on Amazon Prime. Well worth the effort. Hoping beyond hope for a season 5.
    Never heard of this one. Looks like it's from Sundance via amazon. Is this right? Doesn't seem to show on Sundance On-Demand on DirecTV.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Never heard of this one. Looks like it's from Sundance via amazon. Is this right? Doesn't seem to show on Sundance On-Demand on DirecTV.

yes - Sundance Prime.

Worth the squeeze.

And if you like that, then shift over to Netflix and watch 1983.

Warning - if you like either, be prepared for some binge watching.....

Site Supporter
    Homeland. It looked like it might be decent at the start but quickly took a left turn. (And I do mean left.) Stupid and unbelievable plot lines, rewriting world events.

Huge anime streak right now.

Violet Evergarden on Netflix will leave you in a puddle of tears.
    The Promised Neverland on Crunchyroll takes the darkest turn I’ve seen in a while at he end of the first episode.
    Bakuman on Hulu is great if you are into how Manga gets made, very Japanese sensibility by he creators of Deathnote.
    Kino’s Journey on Crunchyroll is more dark than I guessed from the premise, great first episode on the armed society = police society idea.
    Rewatching Cowboy Bebop because of the Netflix announcement, it holds up very well and soundtrack is still slamming.
    A Place Further than the Universe was great on Crunchyroll.
    Shirobako on Crunchyroll is great if you are interested in how anime are created.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Site Supporter
    I just watched season 3, episode 1 of Justified. The shooting scene near the end of the episode (YouTube LINK) is now one of my favorite scenes ever.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by pangloss View Post
    I just watched season 3, episode 1 of Justified. The shooting scene near the end of the episode (YouTube LINK) is now one of my favorite scenes ever.
    That scene's a classic.

Anime wise, I'm just hoping they finish the "Rebuild of Evangelion" movies before the next turn of the century.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

User Tag List