Page 334 of 820 FirstFirst ... 234284324332333334335336344384434 ... LastLast
Results 3,331 to 3,340 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    We recently watched “The Shootist,” which my spouse had not seen. That movie always gets me in the feels and has for all my life.
    Thanks for the reminder; watched it tonight.

I couldn't sleep last night, so I got up and watched Triple Frontier on Netflix this morning. I liked it, but can see why it was a Netflix movie and not one for the theaters.
    Last edited by Casual Friday; 03-13-2019 at 03:36 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I couldn't sleep last night, so I got up and watched Triple Frontier on Netflix this morning. I liked it, but can see why it was a Netflix movie and not one for the theaters.
    I may watch it tomorrow.

Is it another movie that craps of vets and has horrible gun handling?

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewbie View Post
    I may watch it tomorrow.

My meter for what constitutes as crapping on vets may be different than yours, but I'd say no? I mean they do go and commit some illegal gangster shit and all, but it's a movie.

Gun handling wasn't Heat or John Wick tier gun handling, but it was decent enough to see that someone had shown them a few things.

Spoiler alert;

We didn't watch Mad Men back when it was on HBO (didn't have HBO), but we watched it on Netflix. Great series. We finished it last night.

At the very end, Don Draper is sitting in a meditation group, as a smile crosses his face and the screen goes to the old hippy "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" commercial. Has Don found bliss or has he just come up with the most memorable Coke commercial EVER? I prefer to think it is BOTH and that he'll be he'll be back to the ad business in a jiffy.

What say you?

Rosco
    Last edited by Rosco Benson; 03-16-2019 at 10:08 AM.

I may watch it tomorrow.

The gun handling was OK. I think there was an Eotech that had a cover on most of the movie, but maybe it was a killflash sort of thing that I just have no experience with because Eoblech.

It did no5 seem all crap on vets, everyone is sooooo damaged PTSD etc. It played a bit more on the abrupt loss of camaraderie and purpose when folks leave those really tight knit communities like heavy combat units or spec ops. I think they could have bothered to read Sebastian Jungers book and explored that a bit more and made a more examined statement about that, though.

It was an alright movie and a really great example of why you always stick to the plan when i5s going right.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    We finished S3 of Hap and Leonard last night. Really enjoyed the series. I will read the books the show didn’t get to.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosco Benson View Post
    Spoiler alert;

We didn't watch Mad Men back when it was on HBO (didn't have HBO), but we watched it on Netflix. Great series. We finished it last night.

At the very end, Don Draper is sitting in a meditation group, as a smile crosses his face and the screen goes to the old hippy "I'd like to buy the world a Coke" commercial. Has Don found bliss or has he just come up with the most memorable Coke commercial EVER? I prefer to think it is BOTH and that he'll be he'll be back to the ad business in a jiffy.

What say you?

Rosco
    Mad Men was originally aired on AMC. I thought the first three seasons were exceptional but liked it less as the seasons progressed. However, the final episode where they wrapped up most of the story arcs was on par with the earlier seasons and I agree that the ending inferred that Don had got his groove back.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I may watch it tomorrow.

Definitely one of the better Netflix movies I’ve seen. Took a different turn with one of the major characters that was interesting. Gun handling was pretty good although as noted, seems like at least one character has a cover on his optic.

I may watch it tomorrow.

It's not bad, but nothing special. The Characters all fit the usual modern warrior tropes we've come to expect in these kinds of movies. None of the characters are ever fully realized and Ben Afflecks character takes a turn mid movie that runs contrary to what was previously established in the first act. Charlie Hunnam's role would have been performed much better by James Badge Dale. The script really plays like an hour long episode of a television series stretched out to over two hours. Overall, pretty lazy writing. For mercs/spec ops in the jungle The Wild Geese and Tears of the Sun are both superior efforts. I didn't find it all that engaging or interesting.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List