Page 33 of 820 FirstFirst ... 2331323334354383133533 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    "I know noooothing. Noooothing."

ETA: BBC had a WWII themed sitcom called Allo, Allo! that had a lot of talented comedic actors.
    Which was almost as funny as Dad's Army.

Which, apparently, is going to be a movie.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

I've been rewatching The Fast Show. About 50% hilarious and 50% "why the hell am I watching this".
    IDPA SSP classification: Sharpshooter
    F.A.S.T. classification: Intermediate

Site Supporter
    Besides the news:

1. A show by Richard Peterborough on how bugs fight.
    2. Cheese Slices with Will Studd on artisanal cheese of Japan.

Green Room. Nasty little movie. Punk rockers facing off against nazi skinheads in a punk club. The violence is the opposite of glamorized or stylized. It is brutal and uncomfortable to watch.

I really liked the director's prior movie, Blue Ruin. It's a revenge story where the protagonist is just really terrible at revenge.

One thing I liked about both movies was their firearms. Instead of the standard Glock/AR fests the firearm selection feels accurate for what actual dirt shooters might pick. For example, in Blue Ruin the pride of a rural gun owner's collection are his Mini-14, Mosin and rifle-length Taurus Judge.

Green Room had some legit jits in it too.

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    Green Room had some legit jits in it too.
    Le Jits. It's a French martial art.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

I watched the Barkley Marathon, pretty good doc.

http://barkleymovie.com/

I watched A Walk in the Woods on Amazon Prime. If you live on action movies you'll hate it, but if you've ever entertained the idea of hiking the AT it's a good movie. For the most part they stuck with the events in Bryson's book.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

"The Arrival" with Charlie Sheen, on Prime. Awesome, underrated.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Site Supporter
    Said elsewhere - Captain America, Civil War. Really good. Neat villain - not a nerd or monster. Just a smart guy who was out to screw up the Avengers for killing his family as collateral damage.

Neat concealed weapon on Tony Stark - ray gun glove that snaps itself into place.

Also watched Deadpool. It was ok - We should have IPSC stages where you dive off crashing old aircraft carriers.
    Last edited by Glenn E. Meyer; 05-15-2016 at 10:52 AM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Also watched Deadpool. It was ok - We should have IPSC stages where you dive off crashing old aircraft carriers.
    Watched 'Deadpool' yesterday. It definitely had its moments, but was just too juvenile for my tastes. It's like a junior high kid's idea of what "adult oriented" would look like, and it got old pretty quick.

Also watched 'Guardians of the Galaxy', and that was a lot of fun. Bradley Cooper as a belligerent raccoon has 'win' written all over it.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List