Page 327 of 819 FirstFirst ... 227277317325326327328329337377427 ... LastLast
Results 3,261 to 3,270 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Dark Shadows: a Tim Burton movie starring Johnny Depp. Girlfriend thought it was hysterically funny. I thought it was amusing, although the plot was pretty much non-existent at places.

JS, I agree with your assessment of "Den of Thieves". We stopped watching within a half hour.

Definitely not "Heat". Hell, not even luke warm.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Banned
    holding the head of Perseus in my support hand
    For our anniversary the better half and I went and saw Alita: Battle Angel yesterday, not being familiar with the manga on which it’s based. We just expected eye candy, and we did get that, in 3D. But we both ended up actually enjoying the story and finding it surprisingly well-told.

We enjoy video games and sci fi. If you don’t, not the movie for you.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Bohemian Rhapsody (Amazon Instant) - This was alright, although I was a little disappointed, honestly. I don't think you can make a respectable rock biopic PG-13, especially one involving a figure like Freddie Mercury.

Great cast - I'd be shocked if Rami Malek didn't get the Oscar. But everything felt kind of unfocused and largely unconcerned with the truth. If I understand correctly, the surviving members didn't want the film to be exclusively about Mercury, so it tries to tell the story of the band as a whole and ends up focusing primarily on Freddie anyways. It jumps around a lot, and everything feels a little too packaged and clean.

I'd say it's good enough for a rental, but not enough to buy outright.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Big Jake

John Wayne movie, 1971. Lots of sage advice in that movie.

Site Supporter
    5 of 5.
    Mary queen of Scotts. Very well done in the way it connected the two women. Only one heads up. Margot Robbie plays Elizabeth. I'd have never believe it possible to make her ugly, but they've got her under enough makeup to make her repugnant. A long way from Harley Quinn.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inspector71 View Post
    John Wayne movie, 1971. Lots of sage advice in that movie.
    Big Jake?
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    5 of 5.
    Mary queen of Scotts. Very well done in the way it connected the two women. Only one heads up. Margot Robbie plays Elizabeth. I'd have never believe it possible to make her ugly, but they've got her under enough makeup to make her repugnant. A long way from Harley Quinn.
    Queen Elizabeth the 1st is reported to have had significant facial scarring from smallpox. She wore heavy white make up to cover that up. So she was not exactly a raving beauty.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    My roomie loves The Young and the Restless.

Me, well, if they ever resume above-ground nuclear testing, they ought to detonate a few in Genoa City, WI.
    I like Victor but can't stand Nicky. I hope she's sober. Jack is a big prick, and Phyllis is a first class bitch whose screwed at least 40 different people in the last year. I don't like the show either.

Quote Originally Posted by Rapid Butterfly View Post
    For our anniversary the better half and I went and saw Alita: Battle Angel yesterday, not being familiar with the manga on which it’s based. We just expected eye candy, and we did get that, in 3D. But we both ended up actually enjoying the story and finding it surprisingly well-told.

We enjoy video games and sci fi. If you don’t, not the movie for you.
    Wife and I watched it yesterday. We both enjoyed it as well, having no ties to the source material. Not sure if it's set up for a sequel, or that's just how the story ends, but I'm ready for another installment.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List