Page 307 of 819 FirstFirst ... 207257297305306307308309317357407807 ... LastLast
Results 3,061 to 3,070 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

BIRD BOX on NETFLIX.

I enjoyed it. Not as hard as THE ROAD (book, never seen the movie) but taken as a meditation on regret, rather moving.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

I've been reliving my childhood by watching old TGIF shows on Hulu. I'm on to Step-by-Step, I think it holds up pretty well.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

“A Twelve Year Night”

Took a break from (I know I’m behind the times) finally binge watching Breaking Bad to check out the Spanish language film “A Twelve Year Night” on Netflix. Excellent story of three former militants being held prisoner by the Uruguayan Military dictatorship of the 70’s and 80’s. The movie avoids focusing on the politics of either side and examines the human condition of what that much maltreatment and solitary confinement will do to a person, yet they still pulled through. I didn’t pay close attention to the description of the movie or any Wikipedia research into the actual story so it was a cool reveal at the end for me when it had the postscript about each of them.

Last movie I saw: The Mule. I'd heard it wasn't a typical Clint Eastwood movie but that was about all I knew. Son and DiL took us and even though I'm not much on "going to the movies" anymore, I enjoyed it.

Last TV show I saw: Some episode of Shark Tank. My wife has been binge watching it for about a month and I can't stand it!
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Site Supporter
    Watched three movies over Christmas: The Mule, The Quiet Man, and The Christmas Chronicles. Eastwood was superb in The Mule, The Quiet Man was a fun movie that is a bit different than most of the things John Wayne starred in, and even though The Christmas Chronicles is definitely for kids I enjoyed Kurt Russell's performance in it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Watched three movies over Christmas: The Mule, The Quiet Man, and The Christmas Chronicles. Eastwood was superb in The Mule, The Quiet Man was a fun movie that is a bit different than most of the things John Wayne starred in, and even though The Christmas Chronicles is definitely for kids I enjoyed Kurt Russell's performance in it.
    The Quiet Man is one of my favorites. AFAIK neither Katherine Hepburn nor John Wayne ever revealed what she whispered to him in the final scene that makes him look so surprised.
    Nothing so needs reforming as other people's habits - Mark Twain

Tact is the knack of making a point without making an enemy / Where is the wisdom we have lost in knowledge?

Rewatching Justified has put me in a bit of a western kick. I've been home during Christmas break and have watched:

Tombstone
    Unforgiven
    Quigley Down Under
    True Grit(2010 remake with Jeff Bridges which is better than the original, fight me)
    The Oulaw Josey Wales
    I just started watching Deadwood for the first time.

TV VIDEO

I attended a upscale X-mas party Sunday afternoon. Had to record Steelers win over the Bengals. Watched it with some erratic breathing... Till the 4th quarter & last 15 minutes.
    B.T.W. I reside in the "Burgh".
    Custer wore the 1st "Arrow shirt".
    Given the size & power of “Ivan”, we must now … and ever be Vigilant.

Site Supporter
    Watched another Corman shlockfest, “A Bucket of Blood” where a want to be beatnik finds an unusual way to quickly make statues so he can be accepted as a sculptor. If you like corny B movies it has appeal otherwise stay away.

Feeling bad that I misidentified Melanie Griffith earlier in the thread I tried another of her movies, “Night Moves.” It is really a Gene Hackman vehicle where he plays a PI looking for a runaway, teenage Griffith. It is supposedly some kind of analogy for Watergate and while the acting was decent it is hard to recommend as it mainly a 70’s drama that kind of just peters out instead of having an ending. If you want a movie without an ending I remember Peckinpah’s Major Dundee with Charlton Heston being entertaining.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Rewatching Justified has put me in a bit of a western kick. I've been home during Christmas break and have watched:

Tombstone
    Unforgiven
    Quigley Down Under
    True Grit(2010 remake with Jeff Bridges which is better than the original, fight me)
    The Oulaw Josey Wales
    I just started watching Deadwood for the first time.
    Some of the best ever. I watched S1 E1 of Deadwood last night just for fun. Looking forward to the upcoming movie.

User Tag List