Page 306 of 819 FirstFirst ... 206256296304305306307308316356406806 ... LastLast
Results 3,051 to 3,060 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just finished Narcos: Mexico. I thought it was solid - it has inspired me to re-read The Power of the Dog and The Cartel.

Looking forward to the next season (which I understand is now a separate series in addition to the original Narcos).
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Bird Box is the apocalypse done right. Bullock gives a strong performance with a good supporting cast.

Hold the Dark was violent, creepy and effective. Skarsgard is an underrated performer.

Sicario 2 was better than I'd heard.

American Assassin was good with several very effective scenes. Keaton stole the show.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The writing can be stellar. For example: "Wonderful things can happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes."
    Oh, some great dialog for sure.

Art: I mean, he shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an airplane while he’s flying it, parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jump-start the economy of a small country, and then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement, not once but two times! He spends a couple of days riding around with you while you’re looking for him, and now he’s run off with a hooker that’s half his age. That’s some bad-ass shit!

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Oh, some great dialog for sure.

Art: I mean, he shoots Theo Tonin, fakes his own death in a spectacular fashion, pushes a guy out of an airplane while he’s flying it, parachutes into Harlan County with enough coke and cash to jump-start the economy of a small country, and then he has the balls to get a job in law enforcement, not once but two times! He spends a couple of days riding around with you while you’re looking for him, and now he’s run off with a hooker that’s half his age. That’s some bad-ass shit!
    Wynn Duffy: "Theo's got a guy on the way down who has killed more people than malaria."

When I was watching it on my DVR, I got a call. I put the TV on mute, which brought up the captions. It said "HAS KILLED MORE PEOPLE THAN MARIA." That probably confused the hell out of deaf people.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    The Monkey King - on Youtube. One of a series based on Journey to the West. Basically Chinese Mythology and demon fighting.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    That's a good scene, but it doesn't really jibe with a lot of other episodes in which Art was a lot more nimble and able to move quickly without much trouble. I always scratched my head about that one.

Site Supporter
    Watched The Christmas Chronicles last night with my wife. Kurt Russell is good, as always, but the movie is just so so.

After she went to bed I watched Roger Corman’s The Raven with Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff, and a young Jack Nicholson. That’s a cast! Somehow I had never seen it before and it wasn’t at all what I expected. Lots of silly fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    That's a good scene, but it doesn't really jibe with a lot of other episodes in which Art was a lot more nimble and able to move quickly without much trouble. I always scratched my head about that one.
    Maybe the character had a revelation that he needed to take better care of himself and started eating healthier, working out and stuff? After getting shot, the docs would have no doubt encouraged some rehab and life style changes. Just look at how Elmer Fudd and Porky Pig changed over the years.
    Last edited by NEPAKevin; 12-26-2018 at 03:19 PM.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Trailer Park Boys Don't Legalize It. I am TPB fan, and this movie did not disappoint.

User Tag List