Page 305 of 812 FirstFirst ... 205255295303304305306307315355405805 ... LastLast
Results 3,041 to 3,050 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    INSIDE THE REAL NARCOS on NETFLIX.

Episodes in Mexico, Colombia, and Peru.

Very dark docu-series hosted by a British SF guy retracing the drug pipeline in the americas.

The common refrain of poor people seeking to use some form of vice as a way to get some form of a flourishing life, only to have it end in death and disaster is the never ending cliche of life for the unfortunate, it seems.

Recommended. Graphically violent images and stories.
    Not far off the mark. It got so pathetic that drug mules captured coming up from South America would readily admit that they thought they were transporting cocaine as opposed to heroin...as though that would somehow lessen the whirlwind they found themselves caught up in. The lack of guile and sophistication was often near heartbreaking. Poor, desperate souls caught up in a complex game they thought might offer them an exit from lives of desperation.

Sad really. Always has been. (And made going after the higher echelon all the more pressing and (occasionally) rewarding.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Homecoming with Julia Roberts on Prime.

Hard pass.

It seemed like one of those projects where they spent all the money on the actors(the 3 leads were very good) but couldn't find a story.

Standard heartless military ruthless Big Pharma blah blah blah. Went nowhere.

The direction was decent. They told the story using 2 different timelines (a'la True Detective).

They separated the timelines by filming one in letterbox and the other in a modified vertical screen. It was different and effective.

^^^^Agree...it was a disappointment. What's stranger yet is that I "think" I heard or read something about a second season.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    Natasha Henstridge played Sil, though Marg was in it.
    Yep, I think the first Species was Natasha’s first movie. She is prominent in the first two movies but is only in the first 10 minutes or so of Species 3. To be honest you can watch the first movie and stop unless you are just watching for boobs and blood. The best part of the Species 2 was Michael Madsen. I’m not a fan of his so that is saying a lot...

I’m looking forward to moving on to the Howling franchise, at least the low points there fall in the “so bad they are good” category where the bad points of the Species franchise are just bad.
    Last edited by sharps54; 12-18-2018 at 07:28 PM. Reason: Remove the duplicate photo

I finally saw Sicario 2.

I thought the first hour was great. The second hour lost steam but it sure seems like a setup for further episodes in the franchise.
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Not far off the mark. It got so pathetic that drug mules captured coming up from South America would readily admit that they thought they were transporting cocaine as opposed to heroin...as though that would somehow lessen the whirlwind they found themselves caught up in. The lack of guile and sophistication was often near heartbreaking. Poor, desperate souls caught up in a complex game they thought might offer them an exit from lives of desperation.

Sad really. Always has been. (And made going after the higher echelon all the more pressing and (occasionally) rewarding.)
    Read this today...and yup.

What can be added to the happiness of the man who is in health, who is out of debt, and has a clear conscience?
    - Adam Smith, Theory of Moral Sentiments
    Last edited by Otaku.edc; 12-19-2018 at 10:17 PM.
    “The lion cannot protect himself from traps, and the fox cannot defend himself from wolves. One must therefore be a fox to recognize traps, and a lion to frighten wolves.” Machiavelli, The Prince

Bohemian Rhapsody. Loved it; thought the acting was very good and it was compellingly written.

The kids are in bed after a long Christmas day and I'm just tired enough and have apparently had enough libations that COMMANDO NINJA is highly entertaining.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114508/
    Natasha Henstridge played Sil, though Marg was in it.
    Attachment 33348
    Just broke my heart when she got her pegged incisors ground down.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Yup. So it's obvious that "realism" is being sacrificed for the story. I like the series enough I'm okay with it. I wonder which version of "You'll Never Leave Harlan Alive" I'll hear tonight.
    The writing can be stellar. For example: "Wonderful things can happen when you sow seeds of distrust in a garden of assholes."
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List