Page 298 of 820 FirstFirst ... 198248288296297298299300308348398798 ... LastLast
Results 2,971 to 2,980 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    We were pointed to Alton Brown and "Good Eats" by PFers, and have since become yuge fans of the show. While there's a pretty large library of episodes to work our way through, we were still pretty disappointed that we'd found the series after it was already off the air. So when I swung by Amazon to pick up the next season on our list and saw this...

Name:  ab.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  40.0 KB

...I squealed in a manner which was rather unbecoming. Basically, this series is a place holder while Alton and crew bring "Good Eats" proper back to the air.

The premise of the show is that Alton revisits classic episodes to update recipes, correct the occasional errant fact, add supplementary material, or give some trivia about the filming. For instance, in the first episode, he goes through how to cure a cast iron pan, which was something he never did in the original series.

Some episodes feature more updated material than others, but if you're a fan of the series, it's still a lot of fun. I'm not sure how many "Good Eats: Reloaded" seasons he's planning, but I hope to see more in the future.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    I'm not sure how many "Good Eats: Reloaded" seasons he's planning, but I hope to see more in the future.
    Episodes | Good Eats: Reloaded | Cooking Channel

Lists 13 reloaded episodes.

Don't think he's planning on a second season of these, since hes reviving the show.

I'd ask on Twitter, but I don't think he liked that I corrected his pronunciation of "pasty". (When speaking of the Cornish/Michigander pocket meal, it rhymes with "nasty" albeit it is anything but.)
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    ...but I don't think he liked that I corrected his pronunciation of "pasty". (When speaking of the Cornish/Michigander pocket meal, it rhymes with "nasty" albeit it is anything but.)
    I was told the same thing about the pronunciation by a guy who was friends with the guy who started "Mr. Pasty"
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Those who enjoyed the show might enjoy reading Don Winslow's novels: "The Power of the Dog" and "The Cartel".
    Am just about done listening to chapter one of Power of the Dog on Audible. Going to go hit the treadmill and listen some more now.

Loving Pablo

Starring Javier Bardem and Penelope Cruz. Overall, the least satisfying of the Pablo Escobar pics of the last few years. Bardem is good, as he always is, but Cruz is grating in her delivery and the material she's given makes for a caricaturish performance. In fact, the whole movie borders on caricature and I'm sure this wasn't the intent. Give Killing Pablo or Narcos another watch if you need to be reminded what a cluster fuck everything in the Americas south of the Rio Grande really is.

Speaking of the latter: Narcos Mexico: not quite as engaging initially as the previous seasons, it does deliver by the end. Not a bad continuation for the series.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE on NETFLIX was a great show. The middle episodes were the high point.

Quote Originally Posted by Otaku.edc View Post
    THE HAUNTING OF HILL HOUSE on NETFLIX was a great show. The middle episodes were the high point.
    We watched the first episode. (Maybe two?) Haven't been inspired to return to it (yet).
    There's nothing civil about this war.

We watched the first episode. (Maybe two?) Haven't been inspired to return to it (yet).
    The 5th and 6th episodes made me hopeful learning that the writer/director of THHH is bringing the sequel to THE SHINING to the cinema.

🤞

It gets better, not by much but better. It shares little in common with the book or the original movie.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    It gets better, not by much but better. It shares little in common with the book or the original movie.

I'll probably pass in that case. Neither of us has given it much thought since we first watched.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List