Page 296 of 819 FirstFirst ... 196246286294295296297298306346396796 ... LastLast
Results 2,951 to 2,960 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" on Netflix. A couple of standout vignettes accompanied by good acting, but not all six "episodes" in the movie were of equal interest. Worth it for the ones that were.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Just finished watching Christmas Chronicles on Netflix. My daughter said it had a 7.5 on IMDB so we all watched. I think the decimal point was accidentally shifted one place to the right. OK. It had a couple cute scenes but a Christmas classic it will never be.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Watched "The Ballad of Buster Scruggs" on Netflix. A couple of standout vignettes accompanied by good acting, but not all six "episodes" in the movie were of equal interest. Worth it for the ones that were.
    I need to finish that. Really liked what I saw so far. Also, I’m a huge Tom Waits fan so there is that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The Clinton Affair (Hulu) - I was a little young when all of this went down....
    ISWYDT
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    I need to finish that. Really liked what I saw so far. Also, I’m a huge Tom Waits fan so there is that.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Right there with you, brother. Tom Waits is a favorite.

If you haven't seen it yet, I think you'll find the episode about the wagon train on the Oregon Trail of interest. One of the more poignant highlights of the film, imho.

Finished Narcos Mexico Friday evening. I enjoyed it, but I feel the other seasons of Narcos were better. I have a feeling shit's gonna get real on the next one though.

My wife and I watched the first episode of "Escape at Dannemora" on showtime last night. We liked it, Patricia Arquette nails her character and Brown Brad Pitt usually doesn't disappoint. New episode airs tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Finished Narcos Mexico Friday evening. I enjoyed it, but I feel the other seasons of Narcos were better. I have a feeling shit's gonna get real on the next one though.

My wife and I watched the first episode of "Escape at Dannemora" on showtime last night. We liked it, Patricia Arquette nails her character and Brown Brad Pitt usually doesn't disappoint. New episode airs tonight.

Pretty much agree about the earlier seasons, (and what's coming next season),...but I'm glad they showed what DEA was up against in Mexico...both from the Mexican gov't and it's "law enforcement" agencies, and its own administration.

Those who enjoyed the show might enjoy reading Don Winslow's novels: "The Power of the Dog" and "The Cartel".

Pretty much agree about the earlier seasons, (and what's coming next season),...but I'm glad they showed what DEA was up against in Mexico...both from the Mexican gov't and it's "law enforcement" agencies, and its own administration.

Those who enjoyed the show might enjoy reading Don Winslow's novels: "The Power of the Dog" and "The Cartel".
    Seems like a whole bunch of people and organizations left Kiki hanging, including some of our own. They may not have been able to save him even if they'd acted immediately, but we'll never know.

Thanks for the book recommendations.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Seems like a whole bunch of people and organizations left Kiki hanging, including some of our own. They may not have been able to save him even if they'd acted immediately, but we'll never know.

Thanks for the book recommendations.
    You're welcome.

Not having the inside track, I can't speak to specifics...but having worked extensively within the federal system for near 27 years, several years under DEA supervision, and having dealt firsthand with ineptitude and corruption at home and abroad...your supposition doesn't seem off the mark. I have my own deep seated prejudices and opinions in this arena but I'll not muddy the waters with them.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar

His book The Force was just on sale on iBooks for a couple bucks, I liked it. I really know squat about the inner workings of LE, and even less about NYPD in particular, but it was pretty good.

Speaking of cops, I just watched Den of Thieves and it was damn good. The shootout at the end was great, and gun handling was pretty good. The bad(der) guys did a pretty slick peel too. Definitely worth watching.

User Tag List