Page 292 of 819 FirstFirst ... 192242282290291292293294302342392792 ... LastLast
Results 2,911 to 2,920 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Ah goddammit...Goldman is one of my favorite authors of all time, if you ever pass one of his titles in a used bookstore, just buy it, whatever it is, it's wonderful. His version of 'The Princess Bride, the good parts' is simply fantastic, the notes will enhance your current level of appreciation for the film. RIP, Mr. Goldman, thanks for all the great stories.
    Glad to hear you say this. Goldman was one of my favorite authors (and screenwriters) back in the day. I've read most of his books over the years. Many quite poignant, imho.

Yes, RIP sir. You enriched many lives via your craft.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Starting the second season of "Patriot" on Amazon Prime. Almost a little too understated for its own good but when it gets going it's surprising and hilarious.

Quote Originally Posted by MK11 View Post
    Starting the second season of "Patriot" on Amazon Prime. Almost a little too understated for its own good but when it gets going it's surprising and hilarious.
    The "Vantasner Danger Meridian" is hysterical.

Incredibles 2 the new Pixar animation, on a Delta flight.

I liked it. But I like this kind of thing. It was entertaining for a couple hours, which is what you want on a long flight.

3 out of 5.

Watching Medal of Honor on Netflix. It is a documentary series covering the actions of some of the recipients of the subject award. So far, I have watched episodes from WW II, Korea, and the GWOT (Afghanistan). What these men have done is amazing, and the documentary does a good job of explaining just how important what these men did was and is.

I watched Mile 22 last night. It had potential but fell short. The plot was meh, Ronda Rousey is a terrible actor, and Marky Mark didn't do so great coming across as a person wound too tight. His performance reminded me of his character in The Other Guys with Will Farrell the way he always half way screaming. The street shootout and roving gun battle through the building weren't bad though.

I’m currently watching Inception. This movie is long. What’s freaky is, an ad for those spinners has appeared at the bottom of my pistol forum page. Queue the Twightlight Zone music.

The Getaway with Steve McQueen is on Prime right now.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Interesting to see Michael Peña in this role. (Loved him in "End of Watch".)
    I also liked him as Special Agent Nick Memphis: "Well, maybe I should wait for the report to come out, read it, and THEN remember".

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    I also liked him as Special Agent Nick Memphis: "Well, maybe I should wait for the report to come out, read it, and THEN remember".
    I've had a similar conversation with an overzealous Asst. U.S. Attorney. Thankfully, I never had to take a case to trial with him again.

User Tag List