Page 280 of 819 FirstFirst ... 180230270278279280281282290330380780 ... LastLast
Results 2,791 to 2,800 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

How could you not enjoy a show that brings this?:

There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    I skimmed through Man in the High Castle season 3. I wish the series was more of an alternative history without the sci-fi element.

Narcos season 4 is what I'm most interested in.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Anyone watch 'Homeland'? We recently ended up with access to Showtime, so I was thinking of giving it a whirl. The pilot makes it look like it could be entertaining, despite an above-average requirement for suspension-of-disbelief.
    "
    IIRC, the first season was pretty good. Then they got a bunch of attaboys and it went to shit.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Caught the first episode of "My Fighting Season" about a unit of the 82nd Airborne in Afghanistan on National Geographic

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/t...ghting-season/

Good enough that I'm going to try some more.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I just binged Black Mirror. It's very good.

Call it a "Tech" version of the Twilight Zone...that's about 20 years in the future and coming fast.

Standout eps were "The USS Callister", "Hated in the Nation" and "Men against Fire"(yes, referencing Marshall).

All believable, plausible and frightening.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I just finished Episode 5. Not real scary yet, just creepy. It's more about the people in the family than the ghosts. I feel compassion for Nell and based on what I've seen so far the ghosts are assholes.

I agree re: Ms. Gugino.
    Just finished this up. I'd say overall it was a solid effort with a good cast. It remained being more about the family than the ghosts, though they did factor in. I'm undecided about whether I like the ending or not. If there is a second season I'm pretty sure it won't pick up where this one left off.

I guess I liked the ending of Hill House, but I haven't made up my mind. Didn't expect a "horror" show to go for the feels at the end.

So last night was about vodka and Netflix comedy.

We started with Ron White's If You'll Quit Listening, I'll Shut Up
    I laughed a lot. He does a couple of old jokes (not his, like classic old) and as a fan of his and comedy in general, I could appreciate his performance.

We finished it out with Adam Sandler's 100% Fresh
    I like a lot of Sandler's movies, but my wife is enough younger than me that she grew up on Sandler; movies, SNL, silly songs, all of it. So I think she enjoyed it more than I did and I really liked it it. Definitely recommend it. Worth noting that I had no idea Sandler was such a fan of the word fuck, cracked me up to hear him swearing more than I do.

"Forever" on Netflix. 8 episodes, half an hour each. They leave it in a manner that it could be picked up for another season or not. Satisfying either way.

Tough to discuss without spoilers. It is about the afterlife. Funny, but not knee-slapping funny.

Rosco

User Tag List