Page 279 of 819 FirstFirst ... 179229269277278279280281289329379779 ... LastLast
Results 2,781 to 2,790 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

The Haunting of Hill House...Netflix

Half way through the series and possibly a myocardial infarction.

ETA: Carla Gugino...woof! I'd watch her in a film about paint drying while the grass grows. She's in a great little flick called Judas Kiss from '98 that has an entire cast you'll recognize and some wonderful dialogue, esp between Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 10-23-2018 at 10:40 AM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

ETA: Carla Gugino...woof! I'd watch her in a film about paint drying while the grass grows. She's in a great little flick called Judas Kiss from '98 that has an entire cast you'll recognize and some wonderful dialogue, esp between Alan Rickman and Emma Thompson.
    I finished it last night. A great series for all the reasons you mention. Not *quite* as scary as expected given some of the reports were that it caused people to vomit in terror, but still quite creepy. A few times I found myself rewinding because there was stuff in the background of a scene. It was very much like portions of The Exorcist in that regard.

Chris

I don't normally go in for the horror genre but if it even approaches The Exorcist I'd give it a shot.

(And I always liked Carla Gugino too. For her keen intellect, of course. )
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    The Old Man and the Gun. Lots of nice scenery, good performances. But it was about as slow-paced as 120-weight oil being poured on a very cold day.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    The Old Man and the Gun. Lots of nice scenery, good performances.
    Some of this was filmed in our town. We were busy and missed any opportunity to see local premiers.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    New Amsterdam may have some promise. I’ll give that one some time.
    In the most recent episode, they got preachy about hollowpoints. I guess that they’d rather we all use FMJs, so they can have more patients to treat. </sarc>
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Anyone watch 'Homeland'? We recently ended up with access to Showtime, so I was thinking of giving it a whirl. The pilot makes it look like it could be entertaining, despite an above-average requirement for suspension-of-disbelief.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Anyone watch 'Homeland'? We recently ended up with access to Showtime, so I was thinking of giving it a whirl. The pilot makes it look like it could be entertaining, despite an above-average requirement for suspension-of-disbelief.
    We like the show, for what it's worth.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post

I just finished Episode 5. Not real scary yet, just creepy. It's more about the people in the family than the ghosts. I feel compassion for Nell and based on what I've seen so far the ghosts are assholes.

I agree re: Ms. Gugino.

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    It’s like Indiana Jones. Not realistic, but just be at peace with that and enjoy it. I like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

User Tag List