Page 263 of 819 FirstFirst ... 163213253261262263264265273313363763 ... LastLast
Results 2,621 to 2,630 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    You mean you're a sap for Chris Pine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    One might even say that he has wood for Pine.

Ok, ok... I'll leaf now.
    Stop needling him.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Bigguy View Post
    ...I tried to find the clip on youtube, but couldn't. In the movie "WW and the Dixie Dance King," Burt Reynolds has I line that would go here. He's in the backseat of his car with a hot babe and going on and on about (I think Marlin Brando.) Then he says, "Don't get me wrong. I ain't queer. (pause) But if I ever went queer, it would be for him."
    Omigosh...I thought I was the only one that even remembered that movie! I saw it at the drive in as a kid. I do love me some Burt Reynolds!

The wife, kids and I have really been enjoying watching "Expedition Unknown" on the Discovery Channel together as a family. The host, Josh Gates, is very entertaining, and I think we all say, "Oh wow!" at least once per episode.

Recently caught on to Rick and Morty, enjoyably hilarious. And then I found this:

What makes this funny as hell is that the dialogue in it is the verbatim court transcript from a case here in GA.
    “Conspiracy theories are just spoiler alerts these days.”

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Giving 'Altered Carbon' another try. Now that I know not to expect anything too cerebral, I can appreciate it for the crazeballs, over-the-top, who-done-it that it is. It's a lot more fun without the "analyzing for deeper meaning" part of my brain working in the background.

Speaking of "analyzing for deeper meaning": I re-watched 'The Matrix' sequels. They're not as bad as I remembered - they're worse. Not as painful to watch as the Star Wars prequels, but they're somehow much more disappointing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    I am addicted to BattleBots. I particularly get a kick out of the announcer, Faruq's intro to each. Some of the robots are so stupid as to give you a laugh.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

MI-Fallout: minimal plot to string together a bunch of action sequences. Ethan Hawk would have been in an ICU several times over, minimum.

Wait until you can rent it for a buck.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 08-22-2018 at 03:52 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

I've been watching Disenchantment on Netflix, it's made by Matt Groening. It's pretty meh. I can't put my finger on it but it just isn't working even though it's not dissimilar from The Simpsons or Futurama. I also care way too much that the characters have 5 fingers and the show has a continuing story arc rather than just resetting each episode. I think I'll just rewatch Futurama.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    I am addicted to BattleBots. I particularly get a kick out of the announcer, Faruq's intro to each. Some of the robots are so stupid as to give you a laugh.
    My parents got into it this summer. And hammers have got to be one of the most useless weapons out there, despite all the hype they put into them.
    "You win 100% of the fights you avoid. If you're not there when it happens, you don't lose." - William Aprill
    "I've owned a guitar for 31 years and that sure hasn't made me a musician, let alone an expert. It's made me a guy who owns a guitar."- BBI

Site Supporter
    Yep, that and vertical saws that come down on a robot and do nothing. Same with the flame throwers. If you catch an opponent, sometimes you can have an effect but not a quick one.

The strong flippers and spinning horizontal weapons seem most effective.

User Tag List