Page 257 of 820 FirstFirst ... 157207247255256257258259267307357757 ... LastLast
Results 2,561 to 2,570 of 8193

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Saw 'Ready Player One' today. If you're a gamer or an Elder Millennial, it's worth a rental. I could have done without the sappy love story, and any writer who refers to the female protagonist as "the girl" needs to get smacked, but I guess you've got to be true to the genre. Not a classic, but fun for what it's worth.
    Watched it last night. Love story angle was enough to keep my wife interested despite most of the gamer culture being way out of her league. It is a love letter to nerds.

I was disappointed they missed an opportunity to have the main baddie do a “mess with the bull, get the horns” reference. He looked a lot like that guy.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

The book was (much) better
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    I've been watching The Last Post, an English series on Amazon Prime. Set in the (now) Yemeni port city of Aden, it takes place during the last days of British colonial rule in 1965. While rife with the typical political intrigue and interpersonal drama, it does give a lot of screen time to the FAL (L1A1) and Sterling sub-gun, as well as the ubiquitous Webley. So far I'll give it a 7-8 out of 10.
    I’m 15 seconds into it. I’ve already seen a VC-10, some English Electric Lightnings and a Westland Wessex (Sikorsky H-34). I think I’m going to like this one.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Equalizer 2. A solid 100% “meh”.

Wait for it to come out on cable/Redbox.
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 08-07-2018 at 03:33 PM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

"The Prisoner" is free on Amazon!
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

It’s not exactly a TV show, but in the heat of summer it’s nice to watch the live cams of bears fishing at Brooks Falls in Katmai National Park, Alaska.

https://explore.org/livecams/brown-b...rown-bears-low

Started watching "Decoy"on Amazon video..late 50's show about NYPD policewomen.. Shot in NYC, you get a little glimpse of what it was like in NYC, in the 50's.. In one episode they show Jovino's Gun Shop, at from what I can find out was their old Center St location.. Our gal in the show carrys a .32 snub..
    Last edited by ralph; 08-08-2018 at 08:06 AM.

I'm on board with Castle Rock possibly being good, even though I'm not a fan of much of King's work.

Started watching a Hulu series called Shut Eye that I'm really liking.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I just got out of an early showing of The Meg, based (loosely) on Steve Alten's novel of the same name.

The movie, much like the book that it took extreme creative liberties with, is extremely dumb and relies on exceptional amounts of suspension of disbelief from its audience. Also like the book, I had an absolute blast watching it. I legitimately don't remember the last time I had so much fun at the movies.

My only regret is that Jason Statham does not actually get to fistfight a shark in the film. I get that man vs. Megalodon does not lend itself well to a fistfight, but come on, just make it work.

I had The Meg on CD eons ago, read by Stephen Lang and it was a freakin' wonderful listen. I'll definitely watch the movie.

User Tag List