Page 256 of 820 FirstFirst ... 156206246254255256257258266306356756 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,560 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Den of thieves. Good shit and pretty impressive gunplay for what it was. Cool seeing the main character use rds pistols. Ending was good and not the usual.

TERRACE HOUSE on NETFLIX. Think MTV REAL WORLD, but set in Japan.

The Death of Stalin the 2017 sort of spoof about the aftermath of Stalin’s death.

It was a hoot. I liked it a lot.

Kinda quirky but seemed to me it reflected the insanity that was the Soviet Union. And funny as hell; but I have a pretty weird sense of humor.

Site Supporter
    Rouge One - it's a Star Wars movie. Meh. I find the discussion of the Force rather tiresome. Their ship to ship battles seem rather primitive for a tech civilization.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Just got done watching the first season of "Human Target" (Fox, 2010, only lasted for two short seasons). It's a really fun show, with a bit more depth of character development than one would expect. One of the secondary characters is also the source of a certain forum name.
    One of the only television series I have ever purchased. Season one only.
    --Jason--

We started Castle Rock this afternoon. One episode in and it seems promising.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Rouge One - it's a Star Wars movie. Meh. I find the discussion of the Force rather tiresome. Their ship to ship battles seem rather primitive for a tech civilization.
    “Rogue One” is the Star Wars movie. “Rouge One” is a tranny movie. A friend told me.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Extinction, a Netflix movie about an alien invasion on Earth. Think Battle for Los Angeles but from a civilian point of view, and you won't be too far off.

Despite being a Netflix movie, this was actually really a very good one! It has an actual plot that, aside from a few necessary issues you'll have to suspend your disbelief for in order for the movie to work at all, makes actual sense at the end of the movie. It has characters that act more or less logically, taking into consideration the situation they find themselves in, and not completely idiotically. And the twist in the plot is really kind of neat. (The gun tracker thing was kind of dumb, but hey... It's a good movie so I'll let that one go. And the people who were running the train definitely could have acted a bit smarter. I guess the producers felt the need to create a dramatic scene there.)

Like I said, it is a good movie. Definitely watch it if you're at all into these sort of movies.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Saw 'Ready Player One' today. If you're a gamer or an Elder Millennial, it's worth a rental. I could have done without the sappy love story, and any writer who refers to the female protagonist as "the girl" needs to get smacked, but I guess you've got to be true to the genre. Not a classic, but fun for what it's worth.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I've been watching The Last Post, an English series on Amazon Prime. Set in the (now) Yemeni port city of Aden, it takes place during the last days of British colonial rule in 1965. While rife with the typical political intrigue and interpersonal drama, it does give a lot of screen time to the FAL (L1A1) and Sterling sub-gun, as well as the ubiquitous Webley. So far I'll give it a 7-8 out of 10.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

User Tag List