Page 255 of 819 FirstFirst ... 155205245253254255256257265305355755 ... LastLast
Results 2,541 to 2,550 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

The Expanse is the bomb! My wife and I love it, got my parents watching it recently.

We've been watching "Ozark" on Netflix, well done crime drama. It's darkly funny and it has some great acting.

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The Long Road Home

Some of the dialog is predictably cliched, but overall, it is a very genuine attempt to tell the story from the perspective of the people that lived it. It's not going to rival epics like 'Band of Brothers' or 'The Pacific,' but it is absolutely worth the eight hour investment.
    Excellent summation. I would only ad that the "where are they now" final episode showing some of the real people was a little dusty.
    I'm about half way through National Geographic's documentary Chain of Command which takes place circa 2017. Short version is in the segments on Iraq, instead of under supported Americans getting hammered, you have the Iraqis doing most of the heavy lifting with the US providing carefully managed support and ISIS getting hammered.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I've been watching the Shooter TV series with Ryan Phillipe. I'm on Season 2 and enjoying it so far. The gun handling is much better than you see on most TV shows. Ryan Phillipe and Omar Epps attended some training with Buck Doyle to prepare for the second season.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Baldanders View Post
    The Expanse is the bomb! My wife and I love it, got my parents watching it recently.

We've been watching "Ozark" on Netflix, well done crime drama. It's darkly funny and it has some great acting.
    I very much enjoy The Expanse. My son and I started watching it about halfway thru season 1. By the end of this season, my wife was hooked. We're re-watching season 1 and 2 and will probably buy season 3 to watch as well.

Anyone like "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension"? My kids didn't care for it. Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the '80's.

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post
    I very much enjoy The Expanse. My son and I started watching it about halfway thru season 1. By the end of this season, my wife was hooked. We're re-watching season 1 and 2 and will probably buy season 3 to watch as well.

Anyone like "The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai Across The Eighth Dimension"? My kids didn't care for it. Maybe I'm just nostalgic for the '80's.
    My wife and I thought season three was even better than the first two.

Buckaroo Banzai was a touchstone for me and my fellow nerds in high school, but it may be just too damn 80s for today's kids.

But always remember, "wherever you go, there you are."

Quote Originally Posted by Jfpatch View Post

Never heard of it (checks avatar photo). Never mind

Just got it on Blu-Ray. Now to show it to my kids.

Last edited by Guerrero; 07-31-2018 at 02:24 PM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Buckaroo Banzai: watched it again this past Sunday...my wife, 16yrs my junior, did NOT enjoy it. Nor my references that have followed since. I, OTOH, feel I got more out of it than ever.

Shooter: I'm a huge Stephen Hunter fan and I like series, but Phillippe's half ass grip on his 1911 irritates the hell out of me...and this is after Way of the Gun and after training with Doyle! I gotta figure Doyle is pissed, too.

Yellowstone: Wtf? We only got to see the first 3 episodes and then got locked out because Comcast/Xfinity doesn't carry the Paragon channel...pissed about this, too, though according to this thread, it just saved us some time before we quit anyway.

You Were Never Really Here...starring Joaguin Phoenix.

This is one weird fuckin' flick and I'm not recommending it...but I'm not not recommending it either. If you're not into weird, don't bother, you'll hate it. If you are into weird, Phoenix gives a very intense performance and carries himself well in the character. I'm not at all sorry that I watched it, but I don't see any reason I'd ever feel the need to watch it again.

The Adventures of Buckaroo Banzai across the 8th Dimension was an excellent film.
    Also enjoyed EuroTrip. Top Secret. Legion. The Last Starfighter..

Quote Originally Posted by Bobcat View Post
    ...Also enjoyed EuroTrip...

Fun to note that 'Cooper' became 'Gutterson' on Justified.
    Last edited by Gun Mutt; 08-01-2018 at 07:29 AM.

User Tag List