Page 254 of 820 FirstFirst ... 154204244252253254255256264304354754 ... LastLast
Results 2,531 to 2,540 of 8193

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched "Spun" on Amazon prime last night. It's a 2002 movie about a gaggle of meth heads. Good cast. Interestingly shot. Kind of pointless, but it's like a car wreck you can't stop looking at.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I've always liked the remake. Not that it's great or anything, but Alec Baldwin carries a two tone Colt 1911, Michael Madsen carries a chrome Python, and Kim Basinger another Colt 1911. Plus she was Kim Basinger [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk
    Although the original is superior, that one is something of a guilty pleasure. However, Madsen carried a nickel plated Python, you philistine.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Although the original is superior, that one is something of a guilty pleasure. However, Madsen carried a nickel plated Python, you philistine.
    Sorry, I was in a rush and my redneck came out I guess [emoji12]
    And to think I own a Python, though mine is just black (or blued, if you insist on using fancy him words).

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Just got done watching the first season of "Human Target" (Fox, 2010, only lasted for two short seasons). It's a really fun show, with a bit more depth of character development than one would expect. One of the secondary characters is also the source of a certain forum name.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    Just got done watching the first season of "Human Target" (Fox, 2010, only lasted for two short seasons). It's a really fun show, with a bit more depth of character development than one would expect. One of the secondary characters is also the source of a certain forum name.
    We watched Human Target when it originally aired and liked it until they introduced the annoying chick in season two. Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley were the best part of the show.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    We watched Human Target when it originally aired and liked it until they introduced the annoying chick in season two. Chi McBride and Jackie Earle Haley were the best part of the show.
    Agree on both counts. The three main stars has some really good chemistry going, and Jackie Earle Haley's character is just such an amoral badass

Well, all three were pretty cool.
    Last edited by Guerrero; 07-27-2018 at 11:17 AM.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Site Supporter
    I recently finished re-watching all six seasons of Justified and started into Sons of Anarchy, which I hadn't seen before. The show is pulling me in.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The LEGO Batman Movie (HBO) - Aimed at kids, but still offers steady laugh-out-loud gags for adults. Inside jokes date all the way back to the Adam West era. Easily recommended for brain-dead amusement.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The Long Road Home (Hulu) - A National Geographic mini-series depicting the April 2004 ambush of 1st Cav soldiers in Sadr City. The series was filmed almost entirely on Ft. Hood and included the oversight of, and often active participation by, a number of soldiers who were actually onsite during the operation.

The episodes jump back and forth between combat and the families waiting at home. A fair amount of time is spent depicting a family's anxiety when news reports begin to trickle in that something has gone wrong overseas, but the military either can't or won't provide details. This dynamic has been explored in various war shows / movies before, but it takes a center stage here. The producers are acutely aware that a lot of battles are being fought at home too, and the series handles this aspect well.

I grew up down the road from Ft. Hood, and I had a hard time believing the whole thing was filmed there. The crew constructed over 100 buildings on post, and the set was the largest TV set in North America during filming. A lot of attention is paid to detail, and while folks will inevitably spot inaccuracies, it's clear the crew went out of their way to get it right.

I'm not familiar with the book the show was based on, and other than remembering the home team was in trouble in Iraq, I don't recall much directly from history either. So I can't say how true the story is to life. But given the military's degree of involvement, as well as the involvement of many people who were actually there, I'm confident attention was paid to accuracy.

Some of the dialog is predictably cliched, but overall, it is a very genuine attempt to tell the story from the perspective of the people that lived it. It's not going to rival epics like 'Band of Brothers' or 'The Pacific,' but it is absolutely worth the eight hour investment. We would have finished the whole thing in one sitting, but we ran out of time in the day.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

I’m about halfway through The Expanse. Really enjoying it so far.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

User Tag List