Page 253 of 819 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Started the second season of Luke Cage on Netflix. Reg E. Cathey feels perfect for Luke's father (I didn't know that he sadly died just recently - I liked his work), but everyone else on the cast just feels kind of forced.

Is the series any good? I thought the first season was amusing enough to watch the whole thing.
    I'm at about episode 10 and running out of steam. It seems to me like they had enough of Bushmaster for about 8 episodes (not the full 13), and it doesn't quite have the same momentum with some of the characters from the first season. The first half of the season is definitely worth the watch, and you'll know pretty quickly whether or not you want to continue.

I kinda liked Luke Cage better as a supporting character in Jessica Jones.

BTW, agree 100% on Reg E. Cathey. He gets more screen time as this season goes on (which is a plus).

Under the Dome, season 1, episodes 1-...5-ish?

It's an interesting scenario, but the writing is chock full of Stephen King clichés. Girlfriend seems hooked, I on the other hand get bored with this particular writer pretty quickly.

Was laid up last week, so I binge watched the second season of The Last Kingdom and thought it was better than the first. Much bigger sets and battles. Overall felt it was good effort to put the books on screen but like the first season they abridged a lot of good stuff. Also finished the second season of West World... meh. Stopped watching Yellowstone after two?three episodes. When ever the meth lab explosion happened. Should have put the dog out of its misery and let the meth cook die slow. Finally watched Blade Runner 2049 and liked it a lot.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Iliza Shlesinger: Elder Millennial (Netflix): If you were born after 1983, you'll probably find this really funny. If you were born before 1983, it'll probably still warrant a few chuckles, but you might be better off passing.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Iliza Shlesinger: Elder Millennial (Netflix): If you were born after 1983, you'll probably find this really funny. If you were born before 1983, it'll probably still warrant a few chuckles, but you might be better off passing.
    That's in my Netflix queue. I've enjoyed her previous specicals and I was born in 1983. And I think she's pretty.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Peep Show.

Name:  peepshow.jpg
Views: 309
Size:  91.2 KB

I've already seen the entire series 2 or 3 times, and it's currently in my rotation of shows I put on the TV when I just want to chill for 20 - 30 minutes, or have on in the background while working on something else.

Peep Show is a British sitcom that follows the lives of Mark Corrigan (David Mitchell) and Jeremy "Jez" Usborne (Robert Webb). They are two very different, dysfunctional friends who share a flat in Croydon, South London. Mark is a socially awkward and despondent loan manager who works at JLB Credit. He has a cynical outlook on life. Jeremy is an irresponsible juvenile slacker and talentless unemployed musician who lives in Mark's spare room. Stylistically, the show utilises point of view shots—giving the programme its title—with the thoughts of main characters Mark and Jeremy audible as voice-overs.
    Like I do with a lot of British shows, I turn the sub-titles on, because there are a few times I have slight difficulty understanding exactly what some of the characters are saying due to their accents.

Netflix does not currently carry it, although sometimes they do.

Amazon Prime has the first 8 seasons (6 episodes per season, ~ 25 minutes each).

I think Hulu currently has all nine seasons available.

Here's a clip from season 5's "Jeremy's Broke" (2008), when Jeremy (aka Jez) decides to earn a few quid by making a donation to the fertility clinic:

NOT SAFE FOR WORK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AH_bxJph1pI

A lot, if not all, of the episodes can be found on YouTube. Here's the first episode, "Warring Factions" (2003), in it's entirety:

NOT SAFE FOR WORK

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Jy0DrxW99U
    Last edited by BCG; 07-26-2018 at 08:25 AM.

The Getaway with Steve McQueen and Ali McGraw is on TCM right now.

Apparently Sally Struthers was always that annoying.

Also, how many times does McQueen have to shoot the Elliot Gould lookalike?
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    The Getaway with Steve McQueen and Ali McGraw is on TCM right now.

Apparently Sally Struthers was always that annoying.

Also, how many times does McQueen have to shoot the Elliot Gould lookalike?
    I've always liked the remake. Not that it's great or anything, but Alec Baldwin carries a two tone Colt 1911, Michael Madsen carries a chrome Python, and Kim Basinger another Colt 1911. Plus she was Kim Basinger [emoji41]

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Agreed very funny.

Rosco

Quote Originally Posted by NickA View Post
    I've always liked the remake. Not that it's great or anything, but Alec Baldwin carries a two tone Colt 1911, Michael Madsen carries a chrome Python, and Kim Basinger another Colt 1911. Plus she was Kim Basinger [emoji41]
    Few things say "skip it" as loudly to me as Alec Douchebag Baldwin being in a movie. I did see this one ages ago, before I grew weary of Baldwin. It didn't measure up to the original. Interestingly, Baldwin and Basinger spend the night in the Apache Motel in Prescott, AZ in the movie. I stayed there in 1982 when I went to Gunsite's API499.

Rosco

User Tag List