Page 242 of 812 FirstFirst ... 142192232240241242243244252292342742 ... LastLast
Results 2,411 to 2,420 of 8112

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Rampage (2018) still around in a few theaters.

Over the top in every way. Utterly ridiculous. I'm not sure whether it was poking fun at itself or taking itself seriously. Either way it has the makings of a (possibly unintended) cult classic. Think Ultraman -- but Ultraman called in sick and The Rock showed up instead - with his beta-capsule free alter ego emerging in a Mini Kong cohort. Those who dislike Chicago may get an extra thrill. There aren't enough belief-suspension tablets in the world for this to be considered serious action, but it is a rather fun distraction. I liked it - perhaps for unintended reasons.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Rampage (2018) still around in a few theaters.
    I haven't seen it (may give it a watch on Netflix or Amazon), but I recall this quote from a Rolling Stone Article about Dwayne Johnson:

Quote Originally Posted by https://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/dwayne-johnson-movies-the-rock-rampage-w518693
    "So the script comes in, and I'm reading it," Johnson says. "And at the end of it – George dies! I'm like, 'No. Did I miss something? George can't be dead.' But I go back, and yeah."

Johnson says this moment became "the number-one topic of discussion" between himself, the director and producers, and the studio. "I don't like a sad ending," he says. "Life brings that shit – I don't want it in my movies. When the credits roll, I want to feel great." His concerns went up the chain of command, and "we had a big meeting where they gave me all the reasons they thought George should die," he says. "He sacrifices himself saving the world. Killing these animals who had ill intentions to harm mankind. He sacrifices himself like a brave soldier. OK. But this is a movie! There's a crocodile the size of a football stadium – we're not making Saving Private Ryan."

"Dwayne rarely digs in, but on this he was very adamant," Flynn says. "It was back and forth for about two months."

According to Johnson, it was about more than just George. "My problem is I have a relationship with an audience around the world," he says. "For years I've built a trust with them that they're gonna come to my movies and feel good. So every once in a while, you have to drop this card, which is: You're gonna have to find another actor. We need to figure something out, otherwise I'm not gonna do the movie."

In the end, they landed on a compromise that made both sides happy...
    I have to say I respect that. He knows his audience, respects them, and is willing to impact his own bottom line in order to continue delivering to them what they expect and want.

The whole article is worth a read, but I felt that portion about his impact on Rampage was relevant here.

Chris

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The season two finale of Westworld kind of lost me. The show never made a huge amount of sense to begin with, but the WTF train pretty well went off the rails. That being said, it's still primarily pleasant befuddlement, so I'll be tuning into season three.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

This afternoon I watched Harper on TCM, starring Paul Newman. A pretty good vintage crime noir from 1966. Lots of good Colt and S&W snubbies and I haven't heard so many grown men call each other "baby" since Kojak. Tonights flick is going to be Dead Bang starring Don Johnson.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Just watched Bonnie and Clyde- definitely a must see movie.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

I've been watching Love on Netflix. I think it's funny but I can't really think of anything to compare it to or how to describe it. It's another sitcom about people, their relationships and shitty jobs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Just watched Bonnie and Clyde- definitely a must see movie.
    If you're OK with a totally fictionalized version.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Anon on Netflix. Someone previously reviewed it as "meh" and I'd rate it even lower. Make that much lower, it's a piece of crap. The sole redeeming parts are a gorgeous S&W and a couple brief flashed of Amanda Seyfried nekkid...if that's even her and if there aren't better "leaked" photos out there.
    I don't recall it being *that* bad. "Meh" is just about right.

User Tag List