Page 241 of 819 FirstFirst ... 141191231239240241242243251291341741 ... LastLast
Results 2,401 to 2,410 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Gawd...Three Days of the Condor was yuuuge to me as a kid, book and movie. I'll definitely check this out when it's on Amazon/Hulu/Netflix, thanks for the heads up.
    I've watched the first two episodes and did find it interesting.

I have watched the Redford "3 Days of the Condor", and when the previews first started showing up, I was wondering if it was based on that movie. It is. So far so good.

I also found "Killing Eve" interesting. I didn't watch enough of it to really know if it was really worthwhile, but the couple of episodes I did watch seemed interesting.

http://www.bbcamerica.com/shows/killing-eve

Site Supporter
    Just a summer fun entertainment movie, we took the kids to Incredibles 2. Pretty good sequel, enjoyed.

Quote Originally Posted by JTQ View Post
    I've watched the first two episodes and did find it interesting.
    I was watching with my wife and did not really have the option of going back and watching the office shooting scenes over and over again like a moron, as I would have had I been watching alone , but it seemed to me like they did not do the Hollywood pfft-pfft added after the fact, but instead it sounded to me like they were using the sound of blanks fired though the cans maybe?
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Just watched Den of Thieves. It was okay, not great.

Semi-spoiler alert:

The thought that some former MARSOC Marines would turn to a life of violent crime is really a stretch. In fact at one point in the movie Butler's character contemplates photos of the crew and asks "What happened to you?" But the movie never bothers to answer the question.

And does anyone really think the officers would risk the shootout at the end with so many people crammed into a tight area?

I gave The Frankenstein Chronicles a go on Netflix, partly because I like Sean Bean as an actor.

I really can't give you much info because that show just puts me to sleep. I start watching an episode and I wake up 4 episodes later and it is 2 AM.
    That's not necessarily bad if you don't sleep very well....
    Don’t blame me. I didn’t vote for that dumb bastard.

I'm about three quarters through The Rain. I'm a little bit worn out on the whole dystopian/post-apocalyptic genre, but this is one of the best (if not the best) I've seen. Jury's still out on the rest of season 1 and the overall direction - there's quite a bit of room for this to develop a substantial cheese flavor.

Incredibles 2. We laughed, we cried... well, not really, but we laughed a lot. Loved Jack Jack's wrestling match with the trash panda. (Not really much of a spoiler...)

It may be well to note the PSA that Howard "Schlock Mercenary" Taylor put at the beginning of his review:
    Before I begin my review, a public service announcement: Incredibles 2 may trigger seizures in sufferers of photosensitive epilepsy¹, and may in other ways afflict anyone who is sensitive to flashing lights. Seriously. There’s a fight scene in a room full of patterned strobes, and in the darkened theater there will be no steady-state light source to provide refuge for your eyes. The scene is only a small slice of the movie but it’s enough to absolutely ruin your day if flashing lights can hurt you.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

Anon on Netflix. Someone previously reviewed it as "meh" and I'd rate it even lower. Make that much lower, it's a piece of crap. The sole redeeming parts are a gorgeous S&W and a couple brief flashed of Amanda Seyfried nekkid...if that's even her and if there aren't better "leaked" photos out there.

Saw Tag yesterday. It was funnier than it had a right to be.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Finished up part 5 of The Ranch. More of the same, funny, but I did not like the way it ended. Sounds like they were actually going to go somewhere with that story arc before Danny Masterson was accused of rape and they had to write him off the show. Either way, it just sucked.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

User Tag List