Page 240 of 820 FirstFirst ... 140190230238239240241242250290340740 ... LastLast
Results 2,391 to 2,400 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Watched Death Wish last night. I liked it. I don’t expect Hollywood to get guns right. It was entertaining for $5 in Amazon Prime
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Site Supporter
    On Dagga Boy's recommendation, I started watching The Suspicions of Mr. Whicher this week on Netflix. A disgraced 19th Century Metropolitan Police copper goes into the "private enquiry" business. Well written and acted like so much British TV. Worth a watch.

And on a very serious and useful note, I watched a three episode series recommended by William Aprill. November 13 - Attack on Paris is a personal narrative documentary of the 11/13/2015 coordinated attacks on Paris: the stadium, several bistros/bars and the Bataclan concert venue. I found much value in watching victim psychology, the attitudes of the cops/firefighters (btw, they're just like us Americans in devotion to duty) and in how interaction between terrorist hostage takers and their victims creates complex problems.
    Last edited by Wayne Dobbs; 06-18-2018 at 08:57 AM.
    Regional Government Sales Manager for Aimpoint, Inc. USA
    Co-owner Hardwired Tactical Shooting (HiTS)

Site Supporter
    Tried to watch a Jack Reacher movie and the newest Transformers - didn't make it past 10 minutes in. Watched a science show on whales.

Used my Father's Day trump card to watch "The Last Starfighter" with my kids. They had the desired reaction: a little cheesy, but a lot of fun.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Watched Death Wish last night. I liked it. I don’t expect Hollywood to get guns right. It was entertaining...

I didn't think it was as bad as some of the reviews have made it out to be, either, and my wife and I both liked it at least as well as the Bronson original.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    Watched Death Wish last night. I liked it. I don’t expect Hollywood to get guns right. It was entertaining for $5 in Amazon Prime
    Did the same via Redbox. Cost me $2.00 for the Blueray. I thought it was just OK. We had a fun debate in the house about the morality of taking the law into your own hands.

This weekend, we watched the first episode of Condor airing on Audience, a limited series version of Three/Six(movie/book) Days of the Condor. At first I didn't think I would like it as the main character was all full of angst... but then the killing started.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Gawd...Three Days of the Condor was yuuuge to me as a kid, book and movie. I'll definitely check this out when it's on Amazon/Hulu/Netflix, thanks for the heads up.

My wife is too young (humble brag) to have seen the original Death Wish and all it's sequels, but she really liked Bruce's version, me, too, fwiw. I was both surprised and pleased that the director, Eli Roth of Hostel fame, cut out the infamous rape scene.

Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    Citizen X (1995) on dvd. Made for TV movie. It was on Netflix a while back. It may still be there or another streaming site.

The story of the eight year pursuit of most prolific serial killer in Russian history - Andrei Chikatilo - and the investigation's continuous battle against overwhelming bureaucracy in the Soviet era. Excellent cast. Fitting score. Realistic filming locations for the time period.

Loosely based on the 1993 nonfiction book, The Killer Department, by Robert Cullen.

Excellent movie even with the usual dramatic license taken. I give it a solid 8, though there is one stand out, in your face, obvious prop goof. You'll figure it out.
    If you liked Citizen X I recommend Child 44. much the same veign.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    If you liked Citizen X I recommend Child 44. much the same veign.
    And the book was even better. (Though I don't think the sequels were as strong.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

User Tag List