Page 237 of 819 FirstFirst ... 137187227235236237238239247287337737 ... LastLast
Results 2,361 to 2,370 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by TR675 View Post
    I watched Heat again last night and I may do it again tonight.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    My wife can't understand why I like the movie so much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Heat is an all time classic.
    Thanks for the heads up on this, watched over the last two sessions on the stationary bike. My wife came home tonight during the primary shootout, and of course I had it cranked up so I could hear the normal dialog. Wonder if she hesitated to come in the house

This whole thread has been great...

Finished season 2 of "Fauda" on Netflix. I think it's a pretty good series. There is some pretty lame gunhandling (searching with fingers on trigger, persons threatening others with uncocked 1911's, etc). It's worth watching though.

Watched "Wonderwheel" on Prime. Odd movie that really doesn't go anywhere. Jim Belushi is brilliant in it though.

Rosco

Den of Thieves, the 2018 heist film with Gerard Butler.

Very good, I thought, 4 out of 5 stars. Lots of gunplay, and a plot with a pretty cool ending.

The new season of Goliath apparently dropped on Amazon. I'm hoping my favorite ex-wife and legal assistant-cum-hooker made it back for the season
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

This evening I drug out Point Blank, from 1967 and starring Lee Marvin. Payback starring Mel Gibson was an inferior remake. It was John Boorman's first big Hollywood movie and wasn't typically well received at the time, with critics criticizing its violence. Today, it' highly regarded as a noir classic. It's very 60's, with somewhat experimental and almost arthouse editing and camera work, but it does hold up and Lee Marvin is a real bad ass playing a bad ass, unlike Gibson's almost cartoonish performance.

In terms of gun trivia, this was the first screen appearance of the S&W Model 29, four years before Dirty Harry.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 06-16-2018 at 02:54 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Just finished all of the “Suspicions of Mr. Whicher” on Prime. Four part BBC series. Just a good old fashion “who done it” with great sets and period stuff. No shock value and kind of old school. Wife and I loved it as a way to turn off the news and snuggle on the couch and watch it before bed. Really surprised it only ran four episodes.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

I watched The Package last night. 1989 post cold war military movie with some big names in it. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. It's free on Vudu.

Attachment 27151

Site Supporter
    I started Episodes (originally Showtime, now on Netflix). The premise is that British couple is lured to LA to make a US version of a hit British comedy they write with typical Hollywood results. Matt LeBlanc plays himself as the American actor cast to portray the headmaster of a British boarding school, which kind of gives you an idea of where the whole thing is going. So far, it's very funny and Matt LeBlanc is great.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    This evening I drug out Point Blank, from 1967 and starring Lee Marvin. Payback starring Mel Gibson was an inferior remake. It was John Boorman's first big Hollywood movie and wasn't typically well received at the time, with critics criticizing its violence. Today, it' highly regarded as a noir classic. It's very 60's, with somewhat experimental and almost arthouse editing and camera work, but it does hold up and Lee Marvin is a real bad ass playing a bad ass, unlike Gibson's almost cartoonish performance.

In terms of gun trivia, this was the first screen appearance of the S&W Model 29, four years before Dirty Harry.
    Most any shows with Lee Marvin will be enjoyable, IME.
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    I watched The Package last night. 1989 post cold war military movie with some big names in it. I enjoyed it more than I thought I would.

Most any shows starring Gene Hackman will be good too.

His 1990 remake of Narrow Margin, with Anne Archer, was notably better than the 1952 original (which was also good, though, in a noir-ish way).
    "Therefore, since the world has still... Much good, but much less good than ill,
    And while the sun and moon endure, Luck's a chance, but trouble's sure,
    I'd face it as a wise man would, And train for ill and not for good." -- A.E. Housman

User Tag List