Page 236 of 820 FirstFirst ... 136186226234235236237238246286336736 ... LastLast
Results 2,351 to 2,360 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Also looking forward to Jack Ryan on Amazon in August. I'm a big fan of Tom Clancy's (RIP) novels. I hope they do it well.
    New trailer.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Azorian: The Raising of the K-129 (Amazon Prime) - Great documentary about the salvage mission. This one spends a lot of time talking to the engineers that designed and ran the project, and it goes into quite a bit more technical detail than other docs I've seen.

I love how the Soviets got wind of the project but dismissed it out of hand because, well... that's just fucking crazy, right? Great watch if you're interested in Cold War intrigue or engineering marvels and outside-the-box thinking.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Azorian: The Raising of the K-129 (Amazon Prime) - Great documentary about the salvage mission. This one spends a lot of time talking to the engineers that designed and ran the project, and it goes into quite a bit more technical detail than other docs I've seen.

I love how the Soviets got wind of the project but dismissed it out of hand because, well... that's just fucking crazy, right? Great watch if you're interested in Cold War intrigue or engineering marvels and outside-the-box thinking.
    I worked with a gentlemen who was part of that effort. Fascinating story.
    C Class shooter.

Update on November 13. The second two parts focus on the Bataclan attack during the Eagles of Death Metal concert. They filmmakers continued to interview victims/survivors and first responders. Near the end of part 2, the police arrived and some of the SWAT officers are interviewed. Part three focused on the terrorists taking some of the survivors as hostages and locking themselves in a hallway on the upper level until the police assaulted. It was especially great to hear how the responders tried to communicate with the terrorists, quickly realized that there weren’t any demands and the terrorists were just buying time to blow themselves up for maximum effect, and planned and executed a hostage rescue operation they knew had a good chance of leaving many hostages dead, but that was better than Plan B which was all the hostages dead. I remember reading something Greg Ellifritz posted last year or the year before about how LE would have to learn to differentiate between the regular hostage taking guys and the Beslan/Mumbai guys who were only negotiating to buy time to fortify their positions before killing everyone. This was an in your face reminder.

Highly recommend. Would watch again.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gun Mutt View Post
    Braven, with Jason Mamoa...don't waste your time like I did mine.

Fist Fight, with Charlie Day and Ice Cube...much better use of my time. Laughed a lot.
    We quit watching Braven about 20 minutes in- stupid movie.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

I didn't heed advice in this thread and just finished watching Hostiles. TL;DR-it sucks. It starts like it has potential, great sets, uniforms, etc. Then it goes downhill in accuracy (a single Buffalo Soldier in a white regiment?), plus a new guy whose sole purpose is to die quickly (think red shirts in Star Trek). Then it just...sucks.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    I didn't heed advice in this thread and just finished watching Hostiles. TL;DR-it sucks. It starts like it has potential, great sets, uniforms, etc. Then it goes downhill in accuracy (a single Buffalo Soldier in a white regiment?), plus a new guy whose sole purpose is to die quickly (think red shirts in Star Trek). Then it just...sucks.
    That's too bad. I was sorta hoping it was going to be worth watching. (May still when it comes to one of the channels I subscribe to.)
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    I started watching the Firefly series again last night. This is at least my 10th time through the series and it's still the best damned space western ever made! I really can't believe it was cancelled after 1 season.

Shiny!
    One of my all time favorites. The network sabotaged that series from the outset... airing the episodes out of order, no real promotion. I'm glad the fan involvement was able to spark the filming of Serenity (which I watched again about a week ago). That at least gave a bit of elaboration and closure rather than suspension in weird-assed limbo after the Space Bounty Hunter episode.

There's a documentary about the push for the making of Serenity. It may still be on Netflix, Done the Impossible
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by critter View Post
    One of my all time favorites. The network sabotaged that series from the outset... airing the episodes out of order, no real promotion. I'm glad the fan involvement was able to spark the filming of Serenity (which I watched again about a week ago). That at least gave a bit of elaboration and closure rather than suspension in weird-assed limbo after the Space Bounty Hunter episode.

There's a documentary about the push for the making of Serenity. It may still be on Netflix, Done the Impossible
    What is interesting about the Firefly series is seeing those actors show up in other series over the years.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    November 13: Attack on Paris on Netflix. It’s a three part documentary about the 11/13/2015 terror attacks. I’ve only finished the first part so far and it’s a series of interviews with witnesses, victims, first responders, and politicians (Mayor of Paris, President of France, Minister of the Interior, etc). It’s educational that pertinent to our lives today. Though I haven’t finished it, I recommend it based on the part I’ve seen so far.
    This is an extraordinary documentary and really tough to watch. In fact, I was planning on watching the whole thing in one sitting but I'm not sure I can stomach it.

It's interesting to see the differences in their emergency response SOPs. They seem to put greater emphasis on treating people on scene rather than transporting them to hospitals as quickly as possible. And securing the scene before medical personnel goes in is apparently not a concern at all. Might be worth starting its own thread over because I'm really curious.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List