Page 229 of 818 FirstFirst ... 129179219227228229230231239279329729 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,290 of 8171

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Also looking forward to Jack Ryan on Amazon in August. I'm a big fan of Tom Clancy's (RIP) novels. I hope they do it well.
    Unfortunately, there is little relationship anymore between the Jack Ryan character and the Tom Clancy novels. The last movie wasn't based on any of the novels, and the series doesn't appear to be either.

That's not to say that a Tom Clancy inspired reboot can't be successful (though I didn't care for Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit) - the trailer looked promising...but then again I'm a sucker for All Along The Watchtower covers.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Solo: A Star Wars Story

I enjoyed it. It's definitely better than I expected it to be, and pleasant surprise is the innate benefit of low expectations. Ron Howard appears to have done a decent job salvaging the movie from its purported problems. A good time was had.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

"You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Saw infinity war. It was about what you'd expect for a summer movie about superheroes.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

We're watching and enjoying Brotherhood on Amazon Prime. I don't know why I didn't even know of this show, (originally on Showtime), but it's pretty addictive. Good guys, bad guys, corruption, politicians, cops, all wrapped up in a Providence, RI setting.

We're in the final (third) season. Should be interesting to see who, if anyone, is left standing.

ETA: I use the term "good guys" loosely. There are no good guys.
    Last edited by blues; 05-26-2018 at 04:44 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Watched the Baywatch movie. Doesn't feel like the old show, it's just like every other recent action/comedy. Good for some laughs.
    Quote Originally Posted by MattyD380 View Post
    Because buying cool, interesting guns I don't need isn't a decision... it's a lifestyle...

I didn't know that Shooter had a second season. With the wife and kids out of town for 5 days and a deluge of rain for the last week and into next, I binged 8 episodes (which I guess is all it is?).

I liked it OK. Not as good as the first season. Neither season as good as the movie.

Quote Originally Posted by olstyn View Post
    Hooray for replying to myself, but I finished Altered Carbon, so here goes (fear not, no spoilers):

I still don't like that they felt the need to merge the Quellists and the Envoys, but in the end, they kept the core of the story "right," and told it in a pretty compelling fashion; certainly a better translation from the page to the screen than the Bourne Identity films, where the first one was a significant departure and the rest veered so far off as to feel like a completely different world from the books. The visual effects and costuming in Altered Carbon are excellent, IMO. If I have one complaint about the way things were presented, it would be that in the first episode, you get a very clear graphical visualization of "Envoy intuition" and how it plays out in a fight, but they don't do that the same way in following episodes. I think it would be better if they'd either avoided that altogether or put it in the fights all the way through the series, because then there would have been consistency of presentation. Ultimately not a huge deal, but with the trouble they went to with a lot of other visual details, I'm surprised they were inconsistent on that one.

I'd give it a solid B+ overall; definitely worth your time, presuming you like fairly hard core sci-fi.
    I knew fuck-all about the source material, so what they did or didn't do to ruin it I wouldn't know.

I loved the show.

Ive re-watched Altered Carbon 2-3 times...and see something new each time. By far my favorite series in recent history.

Quote Originally Posted by secondstoryguy View Post
    Ive re-watched Altered Carbon 2-3 times...and see something new each time. By far my favorite series in recent history.
    I knew I liked you for a reason.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    AKA: SkyLine1

User Tag List