Page 213 of 821 FirstFirst ... 113163203211212213214215223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 2,121 to 2,130 of 8205

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Bosch season 4 now playing.

My wife are watching the AFI’s top 100 movies of all time. We are alternating picks- I went first and started with #100- the amazing movie Ben-Hur. What a great movie!
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by hubcap View Post
    Bosch season 4 now playing.
    Looking forward to watching. I really enjoyed the previous seasons.

Lost in Space series on Netflix

I watched the first episode of the new Lost In Space on Netflix today. Sorry I wasted the time.

I was ready for some character changes, the previews made it clear that Smith was going to be a woman. What I wasn't ready for was an almost complete departure from the original "cannon" characters. Will Robinson is a fearless young genius, not a quivering snowflake!

Add to that the fact that they must have had the five year old offspring of a progressive climatologist as their science advisor and you have recipe for the putrid mess I just forced myself to endure with the mantra "It has to get better!" running through my brain.

It didn't.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Just finished binge watching (which for us, means took about three weeks) BBC's Sherlock, on Netflix. I thought it was surprisingly well done. Plus, I love the Bilbo & Smaug reunion...

Of course, some of it is overdone, but if you're a Sherlock Holmes fan, it's worth a try.

We watched Dr. Strangelove this weekend. Trying to decide if that is a fictional movie or the current war room.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    We watched Dr. Strangelove this weekend. Trying to decide if that is a fictional movie or the current war room.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    I watched the first episode of the new Lost In Space on Netflix today. Sorry I wasted the time.

I was ready for some character changes, the previews made it clear that Smith was going to be a woman. What I wasn't ready for was an almost complete departure from the original "cannon" characters. Will Robinson is a fearless young genius, not a quivering snowflake!

Add to that the fact that they must have had the five year old offspring of a progressive climatologist as their science advisor and you have recipe for the putrid mess I just forced myself to endure with the mantra "It has to get better!" running through my brain.

It didn't.
    I watched the entire series while working on the computer because I was a big fan of the original show as a kid.

The rest of the series is just as bad or worse than the first episode.

Chris

Really enjoying Season 3 of Better Call Saul.

Hostiles 2017. I'm not going to bother with a summary. The movie had its (few and far between) moments, mostly from Rosamund Pike and Wes Studi characters along with a couple of Comanche attacks. The intro scene was utterly ridiculous with a man running out from cover, totally exposed, to single-handedly face down a horseback charge. The characters were bland as hell and could have been replaced with well dressed mannequins. A few shots of gorgeous scenery. Mostly a dark, weird, kinda ridiculous snoozefest for me, awakened by a few sparse moments of action. Perhaps I'm not "with it" enough to get it. I definitely don't get the high rating - 7.3 on IMDB at the time of this post. I give it a 3.

I suggest bypassing this one. You've been warned...
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

User Tag List