Page 210 of 819 FirstFirst ... 110160200208209210211212220260310710 ... LastLast
Results 2,091 to 2,100 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    My wife drug me to the movies last weekend to see "A Wrinkle in Time". She loved the book as a kid. But the movie is a hot mess. About 10% of it was from the source book, the rest was some hippy Disney acid trip of... just... meh.... Your kids may like it, but chances are you will be looking at your watch wondering when it ends.
    My family had pretty much the same reaction: an incoherent mess.
    "The victor is not victorious if the vanquished does not consider himself so."
    ― Ennius

Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    Watched The Titan on Netflix yesterday. I didn’t like it. The premise sounded interesting but the execution was flawed. The last third of the movie seemed very rushed with too many unanswered questions.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    Agreed, the concept was interesting but really fell flat.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Riphagen

Just watched the three episodes of the miniseries on Amazon Prime Video. Gut wrenching.

A portrait of pure evil, based upon a true story, and a reminder that it walks among us.
    Last edited by blues; 04-04-2018 at 08:44 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Hung (Amazon Prime) - An HBO dramedy starring Thomas Jane as a well-equipped, but down and out, gym teacher in Detroit that becomes a gigolo to make ends meet.

Plenty of love triangles and awkward sex scenes as you'd expect, but also a lot of insightful observations on family life, growing older, and being lonely. I'm not going to say it's a great series, but I enjoyed it, and will happily watch it again.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Has anyone watched Tin Star on Amazon Prime?

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device using Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Gadfly View Post
    My wife drug me to the movies last weekend to see "A Wrinkle in Time". She loved the book as a kid. But the movie is a hot mess. About 10% of it was from the source book, the rest was some hippy Disney acid trip of... just... meh.... Your kids may like it, but chances are you will be looking at your watch wondering when it ends.
    I avoid anything with Oprah Winfrey. She makes my skin crawl.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

Yes. I watched the entire series. I would watch more if they make more episodes. I don't particularly remember anything specific I can say about the show other than if I hadn't cared for it I wound not have watched all the episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post

I think Tim Roth is a gifted actor but both my wife and myself thought the show awful. I don't think we got through two episodes.

What's her name from "Mad Men" was totally unbelievable in her role and it just went downhill quickly.

YMMV.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Yahoo Video Guide is apparently no longer supported by Yahoo, which is a shame. If you were unfamiliar with it, it was a search engine that would comb through Netflix, Hulu, et cetera, to see if a movie or show was streaming on that service. It saved a ton of time when you were trying to find where to watch something.

Is anyone familiar with a similar app?
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Modding this sack of shit BehindBlueI's's Avatar
    I gave the new "Roseanne" a try on HULU. I was somewhat reluctant, I don't recall being a big fan of the first show or of Roseanne. It was even worse than I expected.

It's like the writers were instructed to shove every possible social issue/modern reference in without regard for plot or humor. "Just cram it all in there, sauce it with 'ha, we're poor and understand your struggles', mix in some trite political jabs, lean heavily on nostalgia, and we'll be good."

I watched the first three and that's all I'm willing to sit through.
    Sorta around sometimes for some of your shitty mod needs.

User Tag List