Page 209 of 819 FirstFirst ... 109159199207208209210211219259309709 ... LastLast
Results 2,081 to 2,090 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    On another note, Just saw Hostiles. Like it.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by LSP552 View Post
    No, really, LSP Detectives was really just like the show.....

But season 2 really sucked.
    This is pretty much how I always pictured you and Steve ;-)

Saw Ready Player One this weekend.

It's not a great movie, but I enjoyed it more than I thought I would. There are constant references, big and small, to 80's pop culture and fantasy/sci-fi. I'd heard that beforehand, but when the Valley Forge from Silent Running was shown early on I knew they must be serious. Then, there was a Sandman Gun from Logan's Run, a blaster from the original Battlestar Galactica. There were more obvious nods, like the Mach 5 from Speed Racer and the Ford Falcon from Mad Max, but they also dug deep for things like the Glaive from Krull. Those little references were everywhere and I realized I either had no life when I was a kid, or I'm just a geek. Not an outstanding show, but my wife and I had a good time.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 04-02-2018 at 12:13 AM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    This evening I watched the premiere of The Terror, a ten episode mini-series on AMC. It's loosely based on a British expedition launched in the 1840's that intended to chart a Northwest Passage through the arctic. Of course in reality, the ships Terror and Erebus disappeared. Since the book on which it's based was written the ships have been found, but that doesn't really lessen the show. It seems to have potential, with a good bit of physical and psychological tension involved.
    Watched it this weekend. I agree that it looks promising. Good cast. Nothing really to add other than some parts there were intended to be "shocking" seemed a bit predictable, such as the scene where they were sending the diver down to clear the rudder, which also reminded me a bit of the Expanse.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Watched The Titan on Netflix yesterday. I didn’t like it. The premise sounded interesting but the execution was flawed. The last third of the movie seemed very rushed with too many unanswered questions.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Drang View Post
    The original show jumped the shark when Ziva left. (Realistically, when Ziva showed up, but at least I enjoyed the show then.)

The spin offs jumped the shark about the time they started work on the screenplay for the pilot.
    I didn't last long with either of the spinoffs. I know it's fictional and all that, but I suspect that in reality, most of them would have been convicted of something and the budgetary line items for their offices zeroed out.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by Stephanie B View Post
    I didn't last long with either of the spinoffs. I know it's fictional and all that, but I suspect that in reality, most of them would have been convicted of something and the budgetary line items for their offices zeroed out.
    Turns out I watched NCIS for years for Michael Weatherly (DiNozzo) and Cote de Pablo (Ziva). When they left nothing remained. I couldn't make it though the pilots for either of the NCIS spinoffs or "Bull."

I have not dug through the whole thread so forgive me if we covered it allready, but MINDHUNTER on Netflix is a show I really enjoyed.

I watched it while traveling, and just sat through it again with my wife and son. Its based on the book by John Douglas, and is about the early, formative days for the FBI Behavioral science unit. Its of course "hollywooded" up and deviated from the true story, but with David Fincher directing, it is a dark and moody tale. Season two has allready begun filming, and they are planing a 5 season story arch. The guy who plays the old Agent, Bill Tench, is awesome.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7gZCfRD_zWE

Last edited by Gadfly; 04-02-2018 at 01:32 PM.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

I haven't seen a grown-up movie in forever. My son just turned five the other day, and he and his mom flew to Japan for a week. So I got to watch some tv, with the volume on, without subtitles. I'm four episodes into Longmire, and I'm enjoying that. and I saw Wind River, and I was happily entertained. They come home in a few days, and it'll be back to cartoons and nature shows

My wife drug me to the movies last weekend to see "A Wrinkle in Time". She loved the book as a kid. But the movie is a hot mess. About 10% of it was from the source book, the rest was some hippy Disney acid trip of... just... meh.... Your kids may like it, but chances are you will be looking at your watch wondering when it ends.
    “A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that.” - Shane

User Tag List