Page 205 of 819 FirstFirst ... 105155195203204205206207215255305705 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,050 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

“Paul, Apostle of Christ” was very well done. It falls between truly great movies like The Passion and the Hallmarkish typical faith movie in quality. The subject is interesting and I think it will be compelling for those of faith but not very moving for those without.
    Ignore Alien Orders

Occupied Seasons 1 & 2 on Netflix. I was initially lukewarm to the series when it aired a few years ago, but Season 2 is on point. The plot is predicated on a "soft" Russian takeover of Norway, and how both the Norwegian resistance and neo-Quisling elements.

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    Jessica Jones - Season 2

I've had mixed reactions to Netflix's Marvel series. I loved season one of Daredevil. It was a magnitude better than any other serialized superhero show. I thought Jessica Jones, Season 1, was good. And then the wheels kind of fell off the wagon. I could barely watch Defenders. Season 2 of DD was ok. Ironfist was pretty unwatchable.

For me, Jessica Jones, Season 2 was back to form. Strong commitment to plot and especially characters. Everyone in the series has their inner demons. They're all six different kinds of damaged. And despite being damaged, they're all (well, most of them; Hogarth is her own special kind of amoral) trying to do good. If you've given up on Netflix's Marvel series, give this one a try.
    Check out Luke Cage. It's a tie-in with JJ and I rather liked it. They cast the lead well, and I liked the supporting cast, especially the Misty Knight actress

Watched Star Wars: The Force Awakens at home last night.

It was entertaining and fast paced. About half way through I started to realize it was a remake of the original Star Wars I went on my first date to in 1977.

I liked it though, kind of like putting on a comfortable pair of Levi’s after you’ve lost ten ponds: you know what to expect, and it’s going to be comfortable.

4 out of 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Just finished True Detective Season 1. Damn, that was good.
    That series is excellent; some of the best acting I’ve seen in a long time.

It’s a shame but I felt season 2 sucked big time.

I knew I should have listened when everyone who posted about The Outsider said it sucked. Save yourselves two hours and don’t bother.

–————————————————
    My posts only represent my opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of my employer. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Finally got around to watching Wonder Woman (2017) after watching Justice League (2017). I did enjoy the latter. Kinda hokey in places, but it's a superhero movie. It is what it is as entertainment.

Wonder Woman was rather boring too much of the time... except for ignoring the movie and watching Wonder Woman. Damn...
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Grand Sumo is over - sigh! Have to wait till May for more.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich_Jenkins View Post
    That series is excellent; some of the best acting I’ve seen in a long time.

It’s a shame but I felt season 2 sucked big time.
    I didn't hate Season 2 but it was nowhere near as good as Season 1.
    Last edited by Robinson; 03-25-2018 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    I didn't hate Season 2 but it was nowhere near as good as Season 1.
    That’s because season 1 was about LSP Detectives...

User Tag List