Page 202 of 819 FirstFirst ... 102152192200201202203204212252302702 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,020 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

The Looming Tower. It's on Hulu and is a lead up to 9/11.

After finishing "Flint Town" on Netflix last night, (which was excellent), we started the French police / crime drama "La Mante", also on Netflix. An interesting tale thus far.
    Last edited by blues; 03-17-2018 at 08:21 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The Man Who Knew (PBS) - An older Frontline documentary about FBI special agent John O'Neill. O'Neill was one of the earliest, and most vocal, people within the FBI to recognize the threat posed by al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden (he features prominently in the Hulu series The Looming Tower).

O'Neill had a big personality, and his pursuit of bin Laden was frequently hampered by the bureaucracy of the FBI. He left the agency in August 2001 to take a job as the head of security at the World Trade Center, where he died on 9/11.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    The Man Who Knew (PBS) - An older Frontline documentary about FBI special agent John O'Neill. O'Neill was one of the earliest, and most vocal, people within the FBI to recognize the threat posed by al-Qaeda and Osama bin Laden (he features prominently in the Hulu series The Looming Tower).

O'Neill had a big personality, and his pursuit of bin Laden was frequently hampered by the bureaucracy of the FBI. He left the agency in August 2001 to take a job as the head of security at the World Trade Center, where he died on 9/11.
    I'm going to have to check that one out.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Wild Wild Country (Netflix) - Add this to the lengthy list of great documentaries Netflix has scored recently. It is a mini-series that covers the ordeal surrounding the followers of Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh in Oregon in the '80's.

If you're unfamiliar with the Rajneesh movement, it was a free love religious cult that founded a communal farm in rural Oregon. Their friction with the local population eventually culminated in the largest bioterrorism attack in US history.

I've read about these folks in the past, and to say it's a "truth is stranger than fiction" story is putting it mildly. I've only just started the series, but it's excellent thus far, and reviwers are raving about it. I'm probably going to watch the whole thing in one sitting.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Don't know how I've gone this long without finishing The Shield, used to buy each season on dvd when I lived in Montana. Finally watched it all on Hulu. Final song was another revelation, Concrete Blonde, Long Time Ago. RIP Strike Team.

I haven't thought about "Concrete Blonde" in a couple decades. I still have one of their CDs stashed in one of the music drawers.

Finished "La Mante" on Netflix last night. The ending was a bit underwhelming in terms of how the action played out and the sorts of decisions which were made. It's hard to find a decent police procedural that doesn't cause an eye roll or head shake.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Jessica Jones - Season 2

I've had mixed reactions to Netflix's Marvel series. I loved season one of Daredevil. It was a magnitude better than any other serialized superhero show. I thought Jessica Jones, Season 1, was good. And then the wheels kind of fell off the wagon. I could barely watch Defenders. Season 2 of DD was ok. Ironfist was pretty unwatchable.

For me, Jessica Jones, Season 2 was back to form. Strong commitment to plot and especially characters. Everyone in the series has their inner demons. They're all six different kinds of damaged. And despite being damaged, they're all (well, most of them; Hogarth is her own special kind of amoral) trying to do good. If you've given up on Netflix's Marvel series, give this one a try.

Tomb Raider....... Not bad for a video game adaption, must of which suck hind tit. When you try to adapt an interactive medium like a video game into a spectator experience many things are typically lost in the translation. Not outstanding but watchable. The story is very formulaic with no surprises. The biggest problem lies with the cast, who are underused. Alicia Vikander is an A-list talent and Walton Goggins is one of, if not the best character actor of his generation. I'll watch just about anything he's in simply because of the potential. The rest of the cast are also above competent, but the direction and screenplay don't rise to their abilities.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Kukuforguns View Post
    For me, Jessica Jones, Season 2 was back to form. .
    Glad to hear. I am a huge fan of the books; you and I have the same opinion about each of the shows, but you need to put that in the context of Iron Fist being my favorite comic character ever, and dig on how awful it was to watch that mess.

Huge, huge JJ fan.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List