Page 196 of 819 FirstFirst ... 96146186194195196197198206246296696 ... LastLast
Results 1,951 to 1,960 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Saw “Game Night” this weekend. For an R-rated comedy, there was little to no raunch (it’s not just a 2-hour dirty joke), just good old fashioned language and violence. Kind of refreshing in that regard.

Plot is silly but makes for some funny scenes. The gun handling is super bad but part of that is intentional since they don’t know what their doing and think it’s a fake gun for a long while. Rachel McAdams has held up much better than fellow mean girl Lindsay Lohan.
    Last edited by LOKNLOD; 02-26-2018 at 07:42 AM.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

Quote Originally Posted by LOKNLOD View Post
    Rachel McAdams has held up much better than fellow mean girl Lindsay Lohan.
    Rachel McAdams is a straight-up smokeshow.

6 Days. Highly recommended.

Thor: Ragnarok. Sunday nights are family movie night. I'm pretty much sick and tired of Marvel/DC super hero movies, and the Thor series have been my least favorite of them all. This one was exceptionally bad. My kids didn't even like it, although they liked the parts with Hulk.

Started Altered Carbon. I'm only on like episode 4 but I like it so far. Not even remotely kid friendly, penises, vaginas, and lots of boobs.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The Looming Tower (Hulu) - A dramatization of the 2006 Pulitzer-prize winning non-fiction book of the same name, which details the events leading up to 9/11. The book covers the major players within al-Qaeda, and the cooperation (or lack thereof) between the CIA and FBI leading up to the attack.

Only the first three episodes of the miniseries have aired thus far, but they're really well put together. It's been many years since I've read anything detailed about 9/11, so I can't vouch for the accuracy, but hopefully the series holds up to history well. Definitely worth checking out if you have Hulu.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Black Panther: I fell asleep twice. Not because it's a bad movie, it's not. But rather, it's just more of the same from Marvel and I've reached my saturation point with superheros.

Annihilation: interesting sci-fi flick with a good premise. Story is decent, CGI is good, but there are some rather big problems. An alien lifeform has come down by a lighthouse on the North Carolina Coast and a wave termed The Shimmer is slowly expanding out from ground zero, turning everything in its path into a hostile Thomas Kincaid painting. The government has sent in several teams but none have returned, except Natalie Portmans husband. The gov decides to send in a scientific team rather than a military one. Low and behold they're all women. The real problem is that most of Team Social Justice are pretty worthless at their jobs. They're all armed with Springfield Saint rifles (guess there was a discount at the LGS) and no optics. Curious choice for big government in an expensive sci-fi flick. It doesn't really matter since the only one who's had any training is Ms. Portman, being ex-army and all. The rest of the team are pretty much fodder for the lions and tigers and bears, oh my, as they quickly have a freak out one by one. Not a bad flick, but might be better as a rental.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Just finished 'Waco.' I'm still digesting, but I remain of the opinion the series was too easy on the Davidians. The siege sticks with the "accidental fire" version, and the most compelling evidence has long since pointed to Koresh and the hardcore starting the fires themselves.

I don't think the depiction of the Davidians should scare people away though. The series is very well put together, far fairer in its depiction of the FBI than I was anticipating, and definitely worth checking out when it gets to Hulu or Netflix.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Site Supporter
    Watched a Russian war movie called "White Tiger" - with English subtitles - about WW2 on Eastern Front. As a WW2 history buff, pretty cool to see a lot of WW2 armor (Russian T34, T34-85). Wife is away visiting granddaughter so I can watch what I want!

Quote Originally Posted by ranger View Post
    Watched a Russian war movie called "White Tiger" - with English subtitles - about WW2 on Eastern Front. As a WW2 history buff, pretty cool to see a lot of WW2 armor (Russian T34, T34-85). Wife is away visiting granddaughter so I can watch what I want!
    I liked that one. I actually have it on DVD. Pretty cool twist to a tank/war scenario. I need to watch it again.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Saw Darkest Hour on demand on Amazon -- Excellent!

I'm a Churchill Fan -- so I'm pretty biased.

Great portrayal though. Makes me wonder if all this healthy living, exercise, and not drinking during the day is worth it...

Quote Originally Posted by Chance View Post
    Just finished 'Waco.' I'm still digesting, but I remain of the opinion the series was too easy on the Davidians. The siege sticks with the "accidental fire" version, and the most compelling evidence has long since pointed to Koresh and the hardcore starting the fires themselves.

I don't think the depiction of the Davidians should scare people away though. The series is very well put together, far fairer in its depiction of the FBI than I was anticipating, and definitely worth checking out when it gets to Hulu or Netflix.
    I watched the finale yesterday, as I was in the hospital for most of Wednesday (my grandfather passed away).

The FBI had recordings where you could hear the Davidians talking about pouring gas, and lighting things. I believe they were attempting to make Molotov Cocktails to throw at the tanks... but very possible they used them to burn down the compound. Or it was like was shown, a lantern fell and caught fire.

I do think that it showed the lack of thought process very well, especially considering tear gas was used in other stand offs, and ended up with fire/casualties.

If the people that did Waco do another, I’d love to see one of Jonestown/People’s Temple. There was one on the History Channel, but think a series like Waco could make a better understanding of what happened. Or with Manson dying, one of his Family (I would think that would be more for American Crime Story, though).

After the Versace series is finished, I do want to watch that one about Tupac/Biggie Smalls. I’m far from someone who likes rap, but the lack of an indictment in either of those murders really interests me. Tupac was killed on the Vegas strip.

User Tag List