Page 177 of 819 FirstFirst ... 77127167175176177178179187227277677 ... LastLast
Results 1,761 to 1,770 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Stranger things season 1 is awesome.

Just started watching Black Mirror on Netflix. It's like a twilight zone with technology. Great stuff.

Also, Sherlock with Benedict Cumberbatch is fantastic. Modern day take, well acted, wonderfully written. There's a twist every episode but it was never predictable.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    'The Orville' really hit its stride later in the season. "Can you translate that for dumb guys who might also be a little drunk?"

Hope to see a second season.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Silence (Amazon Prime) - Two Jesuit priests embark on a mission to locate their mentor, who has gone missing in Japan during the height of Christianity's persecution in the seventeen century. It's an almost three hour trek that explores religion, navigating a crisis of faith, and the brutal reality of conviction versus pragmatism.

If you're interested in those themes, then this will probably be an outstanding movie to watch. Otherwise, there's nothing here for you.

I never would have guessed this was a Scorsese film and he feels like he's channeling another director. It's a great movie, but definitely not in the same thread as say, 'The Departed,' or 'The Wolf of Wall Street.'
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Bright. I enjoyed it for what it was. It's like someone took a late night game of Shadowrun and made a movie out of it.

The Expanse series. Loved the books and had no idea that there was a TV series. I am almost through the second season and quite impressed at how the handled everything so far.
    Last edited by Artemas2; 01-09-2018 at 04:31 PM.

Finally watched godless. Good shit. The ending was also great.

Watched star wars 4/5/6 and the first three Indiana Jones movies while sick as hell over the weekend. All great movies of course. Well Indiana Jones 2 is not 1 and 3 lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Absolutely hated Molly's Game- have no idea what people see in it.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    Internet and TV was out this weekend, so we had to resort to talking to each other, doing things as a family, and watching content via old fashioned delivery methods. I won't bore you with the talking and family activities, but will report on two movies we watched together.

Elf: I avoided this for years for obvious reasons, but out of sheer boredom, watched it with my family (including 1 pre-teen girl and one teen girl). It was more entertaining than I expected. I wouldn't rush out to buy a copy, but it's worth addition to the family Xmas movie library (but only if you have Die Hard, A Christmas Story, and the original Grinch movie on the shelf). Typical saccharine sweetness, but some of the gags were amusing. There was a scene involving a racoon needing a hug. A few days later, we saw a dead 'coon on the side of the road and my youngest blurts out "he just needs a hug".

Jumanji-Welcome To The Jungle: This one was a riot. It's not "high art", but it's funny and engaging. I'm a fan of "The Rock". He's not the best actor, but he always seems to be having fun in his roles. It was "family safe" with the violence being somewhat cartoonish (the characters are in a live action video game, with video game physics) and not gory. The main characters do a good job in their roles. Jack Black is perfect as a high school "selfie queen" trapped in the middle aged man bod of her game avatar. Some of his scenes where she/he learns to live with his new body for the duration of the game area bit risque for young children, but not for teens. Definitely worth a rental if you're not inclined to go to the theater. You won't be angry at paying theater prices if you go that route though. It was more entertaining than SWTLJ and I felt satisfied at the end (unlike SWTLJ). Some of the scenes were predictable, but you don't watch this movie to be surprised, you watch it to see the actors play gamers as avatars (hint, they're all different in the game than their real-life selves...hilarity ensues).

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Absolutely hated Molly's Game- have no idea what people see in it.
    On a related note, last night we tried to watch "Miss Sloane", also with Jessica Chastain. My wife and I both hated it and stopped watching it about 45 minutes to an hour in. The acting was weak, imho, and the characters (and theme) unlikable.

We then ended up watching "Get Out" which was a fairly amusing dark comedy which revolves around the "bad privileged white folks trying to mind / body control black folks" theme.

The friend who plays an airport TSA agent is a riot and steals the film.

"We're T S motherfuckin' A, that's what we do!"
    Last edited by blues; 01-10-2018 at 09:08 AM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Tom Segura: Disgraceful (Netflix) - Awesome. View immediately.

Site Supporter
    The Greatest Showman. Very enjoyable, some great music and performances. Played fast and loose with the actually story in order to make a movie.

User Tag List