Page 164 of 820 FirstFirst ... 64114154162163164165166174214264664 ... LastLast
Results 1,631 to 1,640 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    I also really liked Godless and I watched a netflix show called "The Good Place" with Kristen Bell and Ted Danson that was a lot of fun. Both shows were a little heavy handed here and there with the symbolism and some dialogue, but very enjoyable. I thought a lot of the visual images in Godless were amazing.

I’m a few episodes from finishing Godless. I like it a lot. The casting and dialogue were really well done. It’s really drawing me in. To give some perspective, the only westerns I’ve liked were the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, Unforgiven, the remakes of True Grit and 3:10 to Yuma, Appaloosa and Bone Tomahawk.

I need to check out Lonesome Dove. I hear good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    My posts only represent my personal opinion and do not necessarily reflect the opinions or official policies of any employer, past or present. Obvious spelling errors are likely the result of an iPhone keyboard.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by DanM View Post
    I’m a few episodes from finishing Godless. I like it a lot. The casting and dialogue were really well done. It’s really drawing me in. To give some perspective, the only westerns I’ve liked were the Clint Eastwood spaghetti westerns, Unforgiven, the remakes of True Grit and 3:10 to Yuma, Appaloosa and Bone Tomahawk.

I need to check out Lonesome Dove. I hear good things.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Lonesome Dove was a good one.

I also like Open Range and Broken Trail mostly because of Robert Duvall.

Unforgiven and True Grit -- yep.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinson View Post
    Lonesome Dove was a good one.

I also like Open Range and Broken Trail mostly because of Robert Duvall.

Unforgiven and True Grit -- yep.
    All excellent. Open Range has a special place in my heart for appropriate face shooting.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by OnionsAndDragons View Post
    All excellent. Open Range has a special place in my heart for appropriate face shooting.
    And many classic lines! (With a great deal of underlying truth.)

Last movie: Blade Runner 2049, which was excellent.
    Last TV show: I'm 3 episodes into Mindhunter, which is decent, but it's yet to wow me.

I started Godless last night. I am liking it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Anybody looking to check out open range, I would highly advise finding a good surround sound setup. It has without a doubt the most realistic, brutal sounding gunshots in any movie ever. Love it.

After punisher I'm taking a break from all the violence and watching Cheers on netflix, definitely gonna check out godless next based on yalls recommendations
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Anybody looking to check out open range, I would highly advise finding a good surround sound setup. It has without a doubt the most realistic, brutal sounding gunshots in any movie ever. Love it.
    It's being broadcast of late on The Movie Channel for anyone that has that service (or is entitled to a free preview of TMC stations).
    Last edited by blues; 12-05-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    It's being broadcast of late on The Movie Channel for anyone that has that service (or is entitled to a free preview of TMC stations).
    Yep, Open Range has been aired a lot this year. I've watched at least parts of it a few different times. Boss Spearman is such a great character. And I like Costner's performance as well.

Oh, and Annette Bening is beautiful in the movie.
    Last edited by Robinson; 12-06-2017 at 09:36 AM.

User Tag List