Page 162 of 819 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172212262662 ... LastLast
Results 1,611 to 1,620 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

"Zootopia" with the family. Fun. The "Godfather" shrew scenes and the DMV sloths were nice nuggets for adults.

"Dr. Strange". Story was completely predictable, but the visual design was amazing.

Both really brought home how good digital animation and effects can be.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I passed a 1967 Pontiac Firebird on the road today. Then it dawned on me that the car was 50 years old. Holy Crap!
    The '72 Beetle I had as a high schooler in 1990 is more of an antique now than a '57 Chevy was when I got the Beetle.

Hell, my 1997 4Runner (still a semi-daily-driver) is older now than my Beetle was when I bought it.

Chris

Finished watching Trapped on Amazon Prime Video last night.

It's a good (mystery) tale, well told, and very human. I hope there's at least a second season. Growing up my best friend was from Iceland so I enjoyed the scenery and the police work by the small three person station.

I don't think you'll be disappointed (but I've been wrong before.)

The Hitman's Bodyguard. Wasn't expecting much but it was a lot of fun. Violent but silly, the two leads have good chemistry, there's good gun stuff (CZ Scorpions and SIG MPXs, in particular), and Selma Hayek is smoking hot as always.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

In the line of duty: The FBI Murders. It was a made for tv movie about the 86 Miami shootout. Lots of recognizable actors like Bruce Greenwood and the nerdy Dad from Family Ties who was also the gun nut in Tremors. I thought it was pretty good.

Last edited by Casual Friday; 11-27-2017 at 05:37 PM.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Anyone watching Godless? The first episode leaves me with high hopes. The guy drawing and shooting the snake with a single-action was sweet.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    In the line of duty: The FBI Murders. It was a made for tv movie about the 86 Miami shootout. Lots of recognizable actors like Bruce Greenwood and the nerdy Dad from Family Ties who was also the gun nut in Tremors. I thought it was pretty good.

I've watched that movie many times. In my opinion it's the most accurate of the 3 or 4 recreations of the fight that I've seen. With the obvious exception of Platt using the AC-556.

Just finished watching "Shot Caller". More entertaining than I expected but a little hard to buy into. (Big surprise...)

Next up..."Miss Meadows"...

Lethal Weapon 2. Nuff Ced.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Shot in the Dark (Netflix) - A reality series that follows around rival stringers (freelance cameramen) in Los Angeles. Basically, stringers spend the evenings listening to police scanners and trying to get footage of terrible things happening so they can sell it to the news stations. There was a movie with Jake Gyllenhaal a few years ago based on the premise.

It's only eight episodes, but it packs a lot in each episode. Beautifully filmed: the footage of LA looks like it's from a Michael Mann movie. Lots of real-world drama and an interesting peek into the morally ambiguous world of, "If it bleeds, it leads" journalism.

Cool series. Hope there's a second season
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

User Tag List