Page 160 of 819 FirstFirst ... 60110150158159160161162170210260660 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,600 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    That's called "Hollywood."
    Yeah I get it, doesn't make it any more palatable.

Saw Justice League, and it's better movie than Thor Ragnarok on a few different levels. Mainly because it's a serious movie about serious things and concepts and they kept the seriousness of the movie intact only interjecting comedy once in a while to tastefully break up the drama/action.

Cyborg and flash intros were well executed. Aquaman could have been better, they made the character to appear like a douchy surfer guy, but I believe that'll change in his own movie.

Batman and Superman were true to their characters, serious and ultimately in control.

CGI was good, I mean there's no other way to create steppenwolf or the boxes, especially not other aspects.

Things I didn't like - Batman trying to give control of the team to wonderwoman, yes Gal Gadot is fantastically beautiful and will be a huge star in the future that doesn't mean they need to butcher the storyline.

Also Batman making jokes. Batman doesn't joke.

Superman was bland and limited, a few one liners here or there but I expect he will do more in the next films.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    Also Batman making jokes. Batman doesn't joke.
    The Lego Batman movie begs to differ.

From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Quote Originally Posted by Guerrero View Post
    The Lego Batman movie begs to differ.

That was the point though.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

Quote Originally Posted by voodoo_man View Post
    That was the point though.
    Agreed
    From Older Offspring after a discussion of coffee:

"If it doesn't come from the Kaffa province of Ethiopia, it's just hot roasted-bean juice."

Site Supporter
    Just watched "Hickok". Man, I'm talking "Plan 9 From Outer Space" bad here. This thing is in sight of "Manos: The Hands of Fate." With Luke Hemsworth, Trace Adkins, Kris Kristofferson, and Bruce Dern, I was expecting something half decent.
    Last edited by Bigguy; 11-22-2017 at 11:53 AM.

Just watched the Thanksgiving episode of WKRP in Cincinnati. "As God as my witness, I thought that turkeys could fly."

Happy Thanksgiving, everyone!

Edited to add... I just noticed that the "Bigguy" was last to post before me. Coincidence?!?!
    Last edited by Inkwell 41; 11-23-2017 at 08:50 AM.

Watched the first episode of the punisher last night! Was awesome, John was born to play that role. I believe The Walking Dead shaped him into the Punisher.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just watched Atomic Blonde. This is essentially two hours of highly stylized sex, music, and violence brought to you by one of the guys behind the John Wick franchise. Fantastic 80s soundtrack - the movie was essentially a music video as I'm not sure the plot made any sense and I've already forgotten most of it. Still enjoyed it...some great fight choreography and good use of period firearms.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Just watched Atomic Blonde. This is essentially two hours of highly stylized sex, music, and violence brought to you by one of the guys behind the John Wick franchise. Fantastic 80s soundtrack - the movie was essentially a music video as I'm not sure the plot made any sense and I've already forgotten most of it. Still enjoyed it...some great fight choreography and good use of period firearms.
    The 1980s are a "historical period", now?

Fuck me, when did I get this old?

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

User Tag List