Page 152 of 820 FirstFirst ... 52102142150151152153154162202252652 ... LastLast
Results 1,511 to 1,520 of 8195

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    Apparently you were feeling the need for speed...

Non-CG F14 flight scenes make any movie better.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Site Supporter
    Any movie that has Tom Cruiser (short guy) as Giant Jack Reacher - ha ha! Movie stunk. BTW, I stopped reading Reacher as I got bored with his proclaiming that he was the H2H champion of the universe and his great expertise on firearms. I expect hiim to appear in Dragon Ball Super to take on Vegeta in the next book. Also, moving from town to town with no luggage, sorry as a psychologist - you are nuts - technical opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The second Jack Reacher movie was free on Amazon, but they should reimburse me for my time. I fast forwarded through a lot of it.
    Horrid movie. I loved the first one but not sure I’d go see a third one if they make it.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Just finished season 1 of Bosch. I wouldn't have watched it, if I hadn't seen it recommended on here.

Thanks, guys.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    Last edited by Stephanie B; 10-20-2017 at 08:11 AM.
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Mindhunter (Netflix) - BLUF: if you like David Fincher's Se7en and Zodiak, you'll love this. I'm not familiar with the book this is loosely based on, but a number of the serial killers depicted herein are evidently very true to their real life versions. I almost feel sorry for Cameron Britton, the actor who plays Ed Kemper, because the dude is probably going to be typecast as a creepy murderer for the rest of his career.

When it comes to exposition, the characters pull zero punches when describing the killers' actions leading to, during, and after the crimes. So if you'd rather not know what the psychopath did to his mother's head after he cut it off, you should really find something else to watch (those scenes couldn't have been easy for the actors to film... ew). That being said, the actual depiction of violence is pretty tame. Sans one scene in the first episode, the gore is limited to characters passing around crime scene photographs, most of which only appear on screen for a few seconds.

I think the show does a good job depicting the FBI's institutional inertia during that era, and watching how the characters have to sort out the fundamentals of their emerging field feels spot on. Just figuring out how to classify and define those killers was totally novel at the time. I hope they can explore the research aspect a little more in the second season, because 10 episodes is way too brief.

The acting is a little wooden at times, but I think that was part of the motif, rather than a misstep for the actors themselves. Jonathan Groff and Holt McCallany go on to develop great chemistry as the show progresses, but other characters seem like place holders. The show is rarely not entertaining though, and I can easily recommend it for noir buffs.

But it's definitely not for the faint of heart.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Gucci gear, Walmart skill Darth_Uno's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Orville is ok. Watched the season premiers of Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow as I was a DC nerd in my youth. They all were stupid except for Arrow. Ditching the first three.
    Flash is ok. My son (10) likes it. My wife watches Supergirl. Supergirl is not just a bad superhero show, it's a bad show period.

Suspension of disbelief is key. Space, fantasy, superheroes, whatever, I can dig it. But when I start thinking, "That's not what *I* would've done," too much, then I'm not buyin' it. Holy crap, everyone in Supergirl is an idiot.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn E. Meyer View Post
    Any movie that has Tom Cruiser (short guy) as Giant Jack Reacher - ha ha! Movie stunk.
    I've read about 4 of the books. Reacher as I remember is described as a large imposing dude. Six foot 5''ish in the neighborhood of 250 lbs and all muscle. Played by Tom Cruise? Apparently when you buy the rights, produce and ... you can throw proper casting right out the window. What's next? A movie about the life of Andre the Giant with Peter Dinkalage as Andre?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I've read about 4 of the books. Reacher as I remember is described as a large imposing dude. Six foot 5''ish in the neighborhood of 250 lbs and all muscle. Played by Tom Cruise? Apparently when you buy the rights, produce and ... you can throw proper casting right out the window. What's next? A movie about the life of Andre the Giant with Peter Dinkalage as Andre?
    Producer and director were apparently dyslexic. 5'6" is what they read. If you complain you'll be branded as prejudiced against the vertically challenged and those with learning disabilities.

Objecting on the basis of Cruise being a self absorbed and useless hair bag is still acceptable, I think.
    Last edited by blues; 10-20-2017 at 02:26 PM.

Revolvers Revolvers 1911s Stephanie B's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    Well, exactly right. The same thing happened when Katherine Heigl bought the rights to the Stephanie Plum movie. That movie, based on the best-selling series of 20-something books, went to DVD in near-record time. It sucked like a medium-sized black hole.

I don't deny that Tom Cruise is a hard-working actor. But he has about as much in common with Jack Reacher as my cat has with Leo the MGM Lion.

Sent from my NSA-approved tracking device via Tapatalk
    If we have to march off into the next world, let us walk there on the bodies of our enemies.

If you [can] read books, you probably aren't the target market for Hollywood.

I knew of the Jack Reacher books, but had not read them. Going in without the bias of the books, I probably enjoyed it a lot more than if I had.
    --Josh
    “Formerly we suffered from crimes; now we suffer from laws.” - Tacitus.

User Tag List