Page 151 of 820 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251651 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 8192

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Just watched. "The Fault in our Stars."
    If I have toi explain this movie to you, then I'm effin wasting my time trying. If I don't, you're welcome to PM me, or call me at nine-oh-three, two-eight-zero, one seven-nine-five.
    Additionally, here is a link to a free PDF of my book, "The Funny Thing About Bladder cancer." I used to ask that people not share this link because it is available for sale on Amazon. It still is and I'd love to make sales. But I'd even more hope to help somebody who might need to hear another side of this God awful crap they will face. Please share this link with anybody who might benefit from it.
    http://www.guywheatley.com/interests/writing/TFTABC.pdf

Quote Originally Posted by Hemiram View Post
    The Orville on the other hand, is pretty good, but you can tell the budget is much lower. The stories are good, and the ship is actually lit up! It's puzzling to me that STD (Perfect term for it!) seems to be loved by the critics, and The Orville hated by them. Viewers seem to feel exactly the opposite. I don't understand how STD was put on the air at all.
    See, STD promotes the "approved" political commentary message--Trump supporters/conservatives/Republicans/rednecks/"those people" = Klingons = racist xenophobes. It's clubbing people over the head with ideology.

Orville doesn't try to be like that. Any morality lessons are usually subtle (like the original series). It doesn't take itself too seriously. But the crew actually seems like real people, and the show gets you to care about them. And yeah, the humor is raunchy. That's how real people are.
    "Political tags - such as royalist, communist, democrat, populist, fascist, liberal, conservative, and so forth - are never basic criteria. The human race divides politically into those who want people to be controlled and those who have no such desire." - R. A. Heinlein

Just started Mindhunter on Netflix. If you liked Douglas' book, this series might be for you.
    Last edited by Kyle Reese; 10-15-2017 at 05:58 AM.

Site Supporter
    Orville is ok. Watched the season premiers of Flash, Supergirl, Legends of Tomorrow and Arrow as I was a DC nerd in my youth. They all were stupid except for Arrow. Ditching the first three.

Just finished the first season of Bosch. I thought it was a well executed but fairly by-the-numbers police procedural. I'll probably give season two a shot.
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    A new season of "The L Word"! Oh my gosh balls!

By the way, if you've never seen The L Word (Netflix), give it a try. I started watching it as a guilty pleasure ("Chicks making it. Awesome."), but after about four episodes, I was like, "This is actually a really good show."
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Is nothing sacred? Just watched last nights episode of the Lethal Weapon TV show... Riggs has dropped his Beretta for what appears to be a VP9. I noticed a while back they transitioned Murtaugh from the HK USP to some after market Glock. But seeing Riggs without the 92 series was disappointing.

The good news is that I now know who the most beautiful woman around is... her name is Monica Barbaro.

Oh and next week Leo Geotz returns in the form of Lt Dangle... not sure what to make of that.
    Last edited by El Cid; 10-18-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Shot Caller per Pressburg’s mention in one of Varg Freeborn’s interviews. Pretty good movie, enjoyed it quite a bit.
    "Well you know, it's a toolbox. You put the tools in for the job." Sam

The second Jack Reacher movie was free on Amazon, but they should reimburse me for my time. I fast forwarded through a lot of it.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

Beware of my temper, and the dog that I've found...

Quote Originally Posted by Hambo View Post
    The second Jack Reacher movie was free on Amazon, but they should reimburse me for my time. I fast forwarded through a lot of it.
    Apparently you were feeling the need for speed...

User Tag List