Page 135 of 820 FirstFirst ... 3585125133134135136137145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 1,341 to 1,350 of 8191

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Rented this one tonight On Demand.

Surprisingly good.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Watched 6 Days last night. I would have preferred a bit more character development and less docudrama feel, but overall pretty good.
    Agreed - worth the download. Seemed very accurate representations of the gear and assault, down to the jammed MP5 and transition to the Browning Hi-Power.

Name:  cf6c54c1669b36929d4591bacdcc0039.jpg
Views: 359
Size:  87.5 KB
    "When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Shin Godzilla - the latest version from Japan. Not that much Godzilla action but this one is a beast. Shoot devastating primary beams from mouth and tail. Also has Aegis like detection of incoming weapons for secondary AA beam weaponry.

Spoiler:

Gets taken down when he runs out of power to be mobile and fire beams. Then they pump his big mouth full of a blood coagulating poison. Neat use of ramming by bullet trains full of explosives to knock him down, USAF drones to drop buildings on him and then the JGSDF poisons him. Brave folks.

Wonderful satire of the Japanese bureaucrats trying to decide how to deal with him. Neat acting for a monster movie. Cheap on Amazon and a good watch while you are waiting out our storm.

Site Supporter
    "Wind River" is quite good. As someone who worked as a prosecutor in Fremont County, WY (home of the WRIR) for many years, I noticed several technical errors - none of which impaired my enjoyment of the movie. Jeremy Renner is excellent as a USFWS "hunter". Graham Greene is, as usual, wonderful in his portrayal of the tribal police chief. Elizabeth Olsen eerily reminded me of a FBI SA that was detailed here from the big city. "Wind River" doesn't shrink from the despair and poverty which infests much of the WRIR. It's well worth your time, and money. P.S. - there's some good gunfighting too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    "Wind River" is quite good. As someone who worked as a prosecutor in Fremont County, WY (home of the WRIR) for many years, I noticed several technical errors - none of which impaired my enjoyment of the movie. Jeremy Renner is excellent as a USFWS "hunter". Graham Greene is, as usual, wonderful in his portrayal of the tribal police chief. Elizabeth Olsen eerily reminded me of a FBI SA that was detailed here from the big city. "Wind River" doesn't shrink from the despair and poverty which infests much of the WRIR. It's well worth your time, and money. P.S. - there's some good gunfighting too.
    I was a NOLS participant (Wind River Mountaineering) in 1974. (Scott Fischer was an assistant instructor on the class. His future bride was also a member of our group.)

Always have a soft place in my heart for the Winds, Lander and the old Noble Hotel. Mt. Bonneville was the first of my summits out in that beautiful wilderness area. I'm sure it's not as quiet now as it was then. We spent five weeks without running into another soul that wasn't part of our group...came out and found that Nixon had stepped down while we were out gallivanting around.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by 11B10 View Post
    Why did they shoot THROUGH the 1/4 panel on what USED to be a pretty nice-looking Caddy.

I'm a car guy, but it still seemed pretty clear there was an alternative.
    I have ready that many of those movie cars look good just long enough to destroy.

Quote Originally Posted by Paltares8 View Post
    Finally saw Gone Baby Gone, which was good.
    Just watched, it was very good, not sure I am glad I watched it, if ya know what I mean.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Wyoming Shooter View Post
    "Wind River" doesn't shrink from the despair and poverty which infests much of the WRIR. It's well worth your time, and money. P.S. - there's some good gunfighting too.
    We should demand an Academy Award category for "Best use of a scout scoped Marlin in a motion picture." I enjoyed the lady F.B.I. Agent's performance too.
    -All views expressed are those of the author and do not reflect those of the author's employer-

Just finished season one of The Tick on Amazon. Hilarious! Most fun I've had with a super hero story ever. I think Patrick Warburton would have been my first choice for the Big Blue Guy but the actor they put in the Tick suit(Peter Serafinowicz) does a great job!

ETA: Looks like Peter is the voice of Archer's Father along with about a thousand other characters spanning the years. I knew I recognized the voice.
    Last edited by Rich@CCC; 08-30-2017 at 08:28 AM.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by Rich@CCC View Post
    Just finished season one of The Tick on Amazon. Hilarious! Most fun I've had with a super hero story ever. I think Patrick Warburton would have been my first choice for the Big Blue Guy but the actor they put in the Tick suit(Peter Serafinowicz) does a great job!

ETA: Looks like Peter is the voice of Archer's Father along with about a thousand other characters spanning the years. I knew I recognized the voice.
    I'm with you on Patrick Warburton. He's the funniest guy I've ever seen. I couldn't believe the way they wasted him of the last MIB movie. He needs more work.

User Tag List