Page 133 of 812 FirstFirst ... 3383123131132133134135143183233633 ... LastLast
Results 1,321 to 1,330 of 8111

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by Dagga Boy View Post
    My girlfriend and I were cracking up. She was having total flashbacks to her life.....snow machine hunting elk. Killing coyotes to protect the ranch animals, freezing ass cold in general and the clothing. I was totally the female FBI agent in the rental SUV and not dressed right.
    My mother in law spent twelve years running a medical clinic on a reservation in S. Dakota. So much of this movie gave me flashbacks. I was a city boy when the state sent me to my first duty station, in the rural southwestern part of our state. I remember actually asking, "What's that big green thing out there in that field?" "A combine sonny." Jesus wept.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-24-2017 at 04:05 PM.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

I went "Hog hunting" with my buddy in the rural area where I train their SRT guys. First hunting trip. So.......I see this big ass coyote coming out of a draw and tell my buddy driving the ATV, "hey, check out that coyote, isn't it cool". He looks at me like I am the biggest retard on the planet and in his very Texas accent says "you're supposed to shoot those too". I just said "sorry, I am from SoCal, we think it's cool just to see one". He just looks at me and say "here, we kill every one you see". I called Wayne and told him about it.....he treated me like when your kid is the one responsible for losing the championship game. Utter disappointment...I told them I need a list of things to treat like armed felon gang members .......so far we have hogs, coyotes, raccoons and poachers.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Add Armadillos to the list.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Add Armadillos to the list.
    Wayne shoots them....I think they are kind of cute.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.

I think they're all kinda cute. Two legged predators not so much. If I'm not eating 'em or protecting my property or family, they all get a pass.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I think they're all kinda cute. Two legged predators not so much. If I'm not eating 'em or protecting my property or family, they all get a pass.
    That has been my program as well. I grew up in SoCal and went to the store for food. Totally get folks who hunt and why, but having hunted armed humans for a couple decades at night.....deer just don't give me a thrill. Hogs in Texas are considered criminals, so I will have no issues with them. Bambi and Thumper....they get a pass.

That has been my program as well. I grew up in SoCal and went to the store for food. Totally get folks who hunt and why, but having hunted armed humans for a couple decades at night.....deer just don't give me a thrill. Hogs in Texas are considered criminals, so I will have no issues with them. Bambi and Thumper....they get a pass.
    Right on, brother. Mostly does and fawns on my property with the occasional nice looking buck. Black bears are pretty regular visitors as are all manner of other critters whether on four legs, no legs or what have you.

My buddy Jerry Halfrich (knifemaker) down in San Marcos leads a lot of hunts on private reserves in TX as well as up in the Dakotas and AK. (Makes custom rifle barrels as well.) Hogs fear him and rightly so. Great guy if you ever need a blade or barrel. Lost his home in the floods a couple years back and is finally getting back to work and "normal" after a very rough go (which I never heard him complain about).

Having grown up in that place where TX folks are aghast some sorta salsa was made, well...hunting two legged critters was just more accessible. (My time in the mountains and deserts was spent admiring the fauna and climbing rocks.)
    Last edited by blues; 08-24-2017 at 06:19 PM.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Read: Harrison Bergeron

They can burrow and the holes will break livestocks legs if they step in one. They are shoot on sight at my parents farm.

Bambi is an overgrown rodent and a hazard to land navigation. Every one of them should be shot on sight. If it was legal, I'd put a deer feeder in my yard just to lure them into a convenient kill zone. Armadillos are nasty creatures that carry leprosy and should also be eliminated with extreme prejudice. I remember when the city zoo put in a prairie dog exhibit. They installed a glass wall as an incloser to keep them in, I laughed and laughed at that. I laughed even harder a year later, when the dogs had spread throughout the entire zoo. Another rodent that should have an immediate termination order.
    Last edited by Trooper224; 08-24-2017 at 07:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Armadillos are nasty creatures that carry leprosy
    True, but you have to be in contact with them to have any risk of infection. They're not coming in my house and using the silverware so my risk is...zero. My main targets are invasive amphibians and reptiles: Cane Toads, Cuban tree frogs, curly tail lizards, agamas, iguanas, and pythons.
    "Gunfighting is a thinking man's game. So we might want to bring thinking back into it."-MDFA

User Tag List