Page 131 of 820 FirstFirst ... 3181121129130131132133141181231631 ... LastLast
Results 1,301 to 1,310 of 8192

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Local library had Rogue One on DVD, so I thought what the hell, it can't be that bad. I am... rather surprised. No little children expertly flying combat space craft, no Care Bares in Space, no whining little shit of a main character... None of the cutesy or otherwise aggravating stuff other films have had. One very funny robot, but I mean actually funny and not kiddie film comedic sidekick funny.

Everyone dies at the end, too. (The whole ending kind of reminded me of an old Army training video about the grim realities of the battle field, actually... Not an association I was expecting to make to a Star Wars movie.) Which was kind of a surprise. I thought the writers would never have the balls to kill off the main characters, but what do you know.

I rather like this new, grittier Star Wars.

Site Supporter Maple Syrup Actual's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Paltares8 View Post
    Finally saw Gone Baby Gone, which was good. Also saw The Green Room about a punk band playing at a Nazi club and quickly finding themselves in a shitty situation. Way over the top and campy at times, other times very tense and well done. Sir Patrick Stewart is the Nazi head honcho. My wife and I have been on an Amazon Prime video kick, so if anyone has any recommendations that are free on Prime I'd like to hear them.
    I am totally convinced that whoever wrote Green Room went on tour with a punk band. I did, several times, and that movie is EXACTLY what it was like only there was usually less crime. But man, other than people actually murdering my band mates, that movie could have been a lot of nights of my life between ages 17-20.

Sent from my SM-N900W8 using Tapatalk
    This is a thread where I built a boat I designed and which I very occasionally update with accounts of using it, which is really fun as long as I'm not driving over logs and blowing up the outboard.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....ilding-a-skiff

Site Supporter
    I enjoyed "Atypical" on Netflix. I've also been watching the original "Arrested Development" which I never had back when it was out and the US version of "Shameless." Both are terrific.

Site Supporter
    High Noon (1952) is on Prime... great Western movie. (all sorts of political meanings ascribed to it, but I like the story on its face).

I dug out my DVD of Saving Private Ryan and watched it with my oldest daughter recently. I forgot how good a movie that was. Arguably better than Dunkirk.

Watching No Country for Old Men- what a classic.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Watching No Country for Old Men- what a classic.
    I really enjoyed Tommy Lee Jones' role in that film.

Site Supporter
    Defenders on Netflix.

Not great but often fun and worth the time overall. Takes a few episodes to get interesting.

Good: Nice fight choreography, good character chemistry, some good performances (Jessica Jones, entire Daredevil cast, Sigourney Weaver, Jessica Henwick).
    Bad: Iron Fist character is a douche. Guy who plays him is a mediocre actor and an unconvincing fighter. Writing is meh at best, plot is dumb and illogical. Too much SJW signaling.
    Last edited by modrecoil; 08-20-2017 at 05:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by modrecoil View Post
    Defenders on Netflix.

Not great but often fun and worth the time overall. Takes a few episodes to get interesting.

Good: Nice fight choreography, good character chemistry, some good performances (Jessica Jones, entire Daredevil cast, Sigourney Weaver, Jessica Henwick).
    Bad: Iron Fist character is a douche. Guy who plays him is a mediocre actor and an unconvincing fighter. Writing is meh at best, plot is dumb and illogical. Too much SJW signaling.
    Ya, pretty much agree.

That's what I expect out of it. Still pretty stoked, having watched all the other series. I'm not sure how I've forgiven them for making my favorite hero (IIF) a douchenozzle. They may have been coasting on credit from DD and JJ.
    Ignore Alien Orders

User Tag List