Page 130 of 819 FirstFirst ... 3080120128129130131132140180230630 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,300 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Site Supporter
    Just finished re-watching Season 1 (and re-started Season 2) of True Detective.
    Season 1 was excellent. Had a hard time not binge watching it (again ).
    I found Season 2 still good, but less compelling.

I only got about 15 minutes into Comrade Detective and was fed up.
    Maybe I didn't give it a chance? Does it get better?
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms." - Thomas Jefferson, Virginia Constitution, Draft 1, 1776

Site Supporter
    Trailer Park Boys is only so so for me, but man is the charterer Jim Lahey funny! Drunks/Alcoholics in TV shows are a dime a dozen, but when someone can play one well and rise above the rest, hilarity is to be had.

Watching "Dr. No" on Starz Encore. I must say, as criminal genius lairs go, Dr. No has a pretty sweet setup. Scaramanga, "The Man With The Golden Gun", had a pretty nice place too, but it's too close to the Chicoms for my tastes. Crab Key, being in the Caribbean, appears to be much nicer... Except for hurricane season I suppose.

Site Supporter
    Quote Originally Posted by RoyGBiv View Post
    I only got about 15 minutes into Comrade Detective and was fed up.
    Maybe I didn't give it a chance? Does it get better?
    Probably not -- I did like it, but the concept of the 80's Romanian propaganda film dubbed by Americans was kind of funny to me. There were some pretty funny moments, including a line about bean and hamhock soup that cracked me up. It's a pretty short series anyway.

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    The Crown (Netflix): I fell into the middle of this after my SO started watching it. She loves it, and I can see why. Everything is top notch.

I'll admit to not knowing quite enough history to vouch for its veracity, but it definitely piques my curiosity. I would love to get an account from any anglophiles we have about. Maybe @Chuteur will wander back in.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

Finally saw Gone Baby Gone, which was good. Also saw The Green Room about a punk band playing at a Nazi club and quickly finding themselves in a shitty situation. Way over the top and campy at times, other times very tense and well done. Sir Patrick Stewart is the Nazi head honcho. My wife and I have been on an Amazon Prime video kick, so if anyone has any recommendations that are free on Prime I'd like to hear them.

Quote Originally Posted by Casual Friday View Post
    Anyone seen Ozark on Netflix yet? I've heard it's really good.
    Started it last night- pretty good so far.
    This country needs an enema- Blues approved sig line

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    Started it last night- pretty good so far.
    I think it's really good

Quote Originally Posted by Paltares8 View Post
    Finally saw Gone Baby Gone, which was good.
    I thought Amy Ryan was awesome in that movie and really displayed her acting chops.

It was one of the better adaptations of Lehane's work, imho.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by Wondering Beard View Post
    The Sand Pebbles is a great film.

You might want to read the book it was made from. The author used his own experiences and had the job that Steve McQueen did in the film.
    I routinely go to Amazon and click the "I want to read this on Kindle!!!!!" button for McKenna's other works. His SF (Casey Agonistes) is available, or has been, but they really need to get The Left Handed Monkey Wrench and The Sons of Martha out there again.
    Last edited by Drang; 08-18-2017 at 06:33 PM.
    Recovering Gun Store Commando. My Blog: The Clue Meter
    “It doesn’t matter what the problem is, the solution is always for us to give the government more money and power, while we eat less meat.”
    Glenn Reynolds

User Tag List