Page 120 of 817 FirstFirst ... 2070110118119120121122130170220620 ... LastLast
Results 1,191 to 1,200 of 8166

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Roommate and I started watching Into the Badlands on Netflix. Acting is mediocre, but the cinematography is awesome, fight choreographing is excellent, and the sets/costume design are also excellent.

Third season of American Crime. I like it a lot, esp the random character reuse.

The Americans. A++++.

Preacher (Season 2).

Big fan of the books and after the first couple episodes of season 1 I wasn't quite sold. But they're doing a great job of being faithful to the spirit and tone of the source material but aren't afraid to do their own thing, so I'm definitely on board now.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I believe Kate Mara plays Megan Leavey and Joelle Carter was Ava Crowder.
    Crap, you are correct. But she was Donnie's wife in Shooter...

Site Supporter
    Grand Sumo is running again. I love it. Those guys are brutes under the weight. Watch them charge into each other and bonk heads. Or give slaps that would knock me out.

They take a full body flop of their opponent on them and just get up. I'd be a flapjack.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Crap, you are correct. But she was Donnie's wife in Shooter...
    I only knew/guessed because the wife had asked me if I wanted to watch some law show that had "Stonebridge" from Strike Back and "the blonde from Justified" in it but didn't mention her when she said something about the Megan Leavey movie.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

Site Supporter
    Kong on cable. Incredibly stupid. It made the 1930's movie look like a masterpiece (which it was). Acting stunk, plot was stupid and just a tease for Godzilla, Mothra and Ghidorah. Stupid gun stuff. Did pilots in WWII carry spare ammo for their 1911s? Did Japanese pilots carry Broomhandle Mausers? Duh - ask the prop master.

The film was an insult to the Army helicopter pilots of the VietNam era who were seemingly too stupid to avoid a giant gorilla and shoot it from a distance. Bah.

Samuel Jackson played a scene chewing caricature of a military fanatic and a Samuel Jackson character.

I guess I didn't like it.

Site Supporter
    I saw Dunkirk today. It is outstanding. As in Saving Private Ryan quality. Just see it already!

Hacksaw Ridge. I did enjoy it. True story.
    US Navy Veteran
    1961-1965

User Tag List