Page 12 of 819 FirstFirst ... 210111213142262112512 ... LastLast

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Into the Badlands has been pretty fun. Kung fu Mad Max - not a bad premise for a show. Good fight scenes, and an okay story.
    For info about training or to contact me:
    Immediate Action Combatives

Site Supporter
    Supergirl on Demand as compared to the GOP Debate. Couldn't decide between stupid.

Then I read a book on Nixon - now that was scary.

Site Supporter
    I was bored so I watched an episode of Blue Bloods with Tom Selleck. I thought that it might be decent. Acting was stiff and so forced. However, Selleck is a gun guy and the gun usage was stupid.

1. Selleck (police chief) carries a Fitz Special to honor his ancestors who carried one. Even when his geezer father (ex-cop) said carry a semi, Selleck says he surrounded by them so he doesn't have to.

2. Selleck's kid takes a suspect to an abandoned area to get him to spill the beans (thus probably negating the trial possibilities). He puts the guy on the ground and tells him to 'talk'. He puts a 1911 to his head. The guy refuses - so our hero racks the gun to scare him. Oh, dear.

3. Later our hero and fellow officers take the information from guy in #2 and corner the Monster - an Albanian super criminal - the officers get behind cars and over their hoods (some stand in the open). Our 1911 hero has a determined looking tea-cup grip on his 1911. Oh, well. Then Monster stands in the door way and opens up with a pistol grip shotgun. All open up on him and he stands there for a few seconds doing the shaking dance as he is hosed with full auto 223 and 9mm - along with 9 mm and 45 ACP pistol fire. Most rounds seem to impact peripherally around the chest. After some more dancing, he falls down and goes boom!

Now I like the absorbing a zillion rounds dance and shake. The best one was a Jason movie - where being supernatural - he could do this. Then they dropped a motar round on him and blew him up. Of course, he came back to life.

Sorry, to inflicit the well known stupidity of TV on you but I'm waiting to go out with the boss.

Blue Bloods: For the life of me, I can't understand why that show has stayed on the air so long. There was a show that premiered at the same time about cops in Chicago, starring Jennifer Beals. That was a much more interesting show and it tanked, yet Blue Bloods carries on.
    We may lose and we may win, but we will never be here again.......

Just finished Season 2 of Black Sails. Still hooked and waiting for season three. Looking forward to the return of Blackbeard.
    Just a Hairy Special Snowflake supply clerk with no field experience, shooting an Asymetric carbine as a Try Hard. Snarky and easily butt hurt. Favorite animal is the Cape Buffalo....likely indicative of a personality disorder.
    "If I had a grandpa, he would look like Delbert Belton".

Quote Originally Posted by Trooper224 View Post
    Blue Bloods: For the life of me, I can't understand why that show has stayed on the air so long. There was a show that premiered at the same time about cops in Chicago, starring Jennifer Beals. That was a much more interesting show and it tanked, yet Blue Bloods carries on.
    Tom Selleck

he makes the women of my mom's generation, who watch him in Magnum, P.I., swoon.
    Rules to live by: 1. Eat meat, 2. Shoot guns, 3. Fire, 4. Gasoline, 5. Make juniors
    TDA: Learn it. Live it. Love it.... Read these: People Management Triggers 1, 2, 3
    If anyone sees a broken image of mine, please PM me.

Saw "The Big Short" today. Great movie about the folks who essentially shorted the market prior to the housing meltdown. Stopped short of delving into 'why' there were billions in sub-prime loans, but it was very well done.

Saw Hateful Eight on Christmas.

It was too long and nothing particularly interesting happened. Wouldn't recommend.
    "Customer is very particular" -- SIG Sauer

Alvin and the Chipmunks, the new one. With the Grandchild; he enjoyed it. If you have grandkids, they will too.

Quote Originally Posted by ReverendMeat View Post
    Saw Hateful Eight on Christmas.

It was too long and nothing particularly interesting happened. Wouldn't recommend.
    Tarantino has hit rock bottom and thats were he is going to stay
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List