Page 112 of 819 FirstFirst ... 1262102110111112113114122162212612 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,120 of 8187

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnO View Post
    I felt like I was watching some liberal director's statement. Perhaps someone else would have felt it was more about what the politicians and war fighters had to go through but I just keep smelling pacifist crapola.
    I would tend to agree if for no other reason
    (spoiler?)

than Helen Mirren's character pressuring her sergeant to fudge his estimates to favor her desired outcome and the predictable results there of. OTOH, Allan Rickman's character at least got the last word in on the preachy, do-gooder, slag.
    "You can't win a war with choirboys. " Mad Mike Hoare

I'm sure it's been mentioned already, but I have been enjoying Deadwood and just started to watch Banshee from Cinemax.

Deadwood is great, not sure Banshee is going to make the cut. I'll give it(Banshee) a couple more episodes to see if it totally destroys what little reality factor it had from the beginning. It is fun, just not realistic.
    TANSTAAFL

Managing Partner, Custom Carry Concepts, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by NEPAKevin View Post
    I would tend to agree if for no other reason
    (spoiler?)

than Helen Mirren's character pressuring her sergeant to fudge his estimates to favor her desired outcome and the predictable results there of. OTOH, Allan Rickman's character at least got the last word in on the preachy, do-gooder, slag.
    I thought the movie attempted to be balanced. For example, if the politicians had approved the strike when it was initially recommended, the "predictable result" would not have happened.

On the other hand, I just didn't really enjoy the movie. 3 out of 5. Ok, but not good.

After finishing all 3 seasons of Bosch- the wife and I decided to binge watch another tv program- we looked for something as interesting and as good as Breaking Bad. After searching for an hour, trying to compare based on reviews......we decided to just rewatch Breaking Bad. We are both finding hidden nuggets throughout the show making us appreciate it even more. This is probably my favorite series of all time- the character development is simply outstanding.

As a side note- we did select Sons of Anarchy to watch alongside BB, just at a slower pace.

Quote Originally Posted by holmes168 View Post
    After finishing all 3 seasons of Bosch- the wife and I decided to binge watch another tv program- we looked for something as interesting and as good as Breaking Bad. After searching for an hour, trying to compare based on reviews......we decided to just rewatch Breaking Bad. We are both finding hidden nuggets throughout the show making us appreciate it even more.
    Just watched The Infiltrator on Amazon. I enjoyed it, and it was weird watching Walter White (not sure I had ever seen Bryan Cranston in anything else..) on the other side of the law.

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Just watched The Infiltrator on Amazon. I enjoyed it, and it was weird watching Walter White (not sure I had ever seen Bryan Cranston in anything else..) on the other side of the law.
    I got to work on that case in the real world.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    I got to work on that case in the real world.
    Very cool...

Quote Originally Posted by mmc45414 View Post
    Very cool...
    If you start a thread in general I'll tell you a couple funny anecdotes. I don't know if it would be considered too far off topic in this thread.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

Quote Originally Posted by blues View Post
    If you start a thread in general I'll tell you a couple funny anecdotes. I don't know if it would be considered too far off topic in this thread.
    https://pistol-forum.com/showthread....169#post609169

Saw alien covenant.

I enjoyed it even though I knew what the outcome was going to be. Interesting how they connected these movies to the older movies.

Fassbander is pretty good.
    VDMSR.com
    Chief Developer for V Development Group
    Everything I post I do so as a private individual who is not representing any company or organization.

User Tag List