Page 109 of 820 FirstFirst ... 95999107108109110111119159209609 ... LastLast
Results 1,081 to 1,090 of 8191

Thread: What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Smoke Bomb / Ninja Vanish Chance's Avatar
    Superstore (Hulu) - Kind of like 'The Office,' but for Walmart (doesn't break the fourth wall though). My SO and I have both had jobs that kept us around eclectic assortments of dysfunctional people, and this show captures that feeling perfectly. If you've never had those sorts of jobs, you may find this less funny.

Cast is awesome, writing's great, and we've had a lot of fun with it.

Also just finished the second season of 'The Expanse.' That show is awesome.
    "Sapiens dicit: 'Ignoscere divinum est, sed noli pretium plenum pro pizza sero allata solvere.'" - Michelangelo

What was the last TV Show or Movie you saw, and did you like it?

Went to see Guardians of the Galaxy 2 at the movie theater here in Hurricane UT.

I dunno, I was not wowed by it I guess. More of the same, but the (anticipated, of course) jokes just seemed flat, to me.

The 1.0 seemed better, crisper editing and tighter dialog. Maybe the characters were fresher, being new.

3 out of 5, for me.
    Last edited by RJ; 05-15-2017 at 07:54 PM.

My wife and I finally saw The Lego Batman Movie on Friday evening. Excellent writing, great animation, and plenty of funny moments. 4 1/2 stars from me.

Site Supporter
    I'm through episode 8 in Patriot. I think it's brilliant. It's well-written, well-directed and well acted. One of the best shows I've watched in a long time.

Site Supporter
    Jason Bourne - on cable. It was a yawn. The plot was some Freudian crap about Jason/David's daddy. Fights were uninspired. Plot predictable. Couldn't care less about anything in the movie.

Gomorrah Season Two does not disappoint. Episode 7 was awesome.

"When the phone rang, Parker was in the garage, killing a man."

Site Supporter
    Grand Sumo is back on NHK. I root for Harumafuji - just because.

I also liked the finale of Supernatural - they tried kill Lucifer with a 100 round Calico 9mm firing bullets made of melted down angel blades. Didn't work. Now, the heroes carry a Beretta and a 1911.

Quote Originally Posted by JSGlock34 View Post
    Gomorrah Season Two does not disappoint. Episode 7 was awesome.
    Didn't know about this show. Just checked out Season 1, Ep. 1 on Netflix. Looks like it has potential. Thanks for mentioning it.
    There's nothing civil about this war.

"A Million Ways to Die in the West" --- A 2014 goofball western spoof. Someone gave me the disc a while back and just now getting around to it. Didn't know a thing about it or who was in it. An excellent overall cast with several A and B listers... some parts are utterly hilarious, some are groan worthy, and others are simply stupid. But it's worth a watch. Some 'bonus' very familiar faces in cameos, etc. It's actually not bad for the spoof style genre. I may actually watch it again.

ETA: not a 'family' movie -- language, adult themes...
    Last edited by critter; 05-21-2017 at 03:45 PM.
    You will more often be attacked for what others think you believe than what you actually believe. Expect misrepresentation, misunderstanding, and projection as the modern normal default setting. ~ Quintus Curtius

Site Supporter
    Last Man Standing, which was unfortunately recently canceled, is the best TV show I have seen in a very long time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Any legal information I may post is general information, and is not legal advice. Such information may or may not apply to your specific situation. I am not your attorney unless an attorney-client relationship is separately and privately established.

User Tag List